E-HomeAffairs - OTP not being received

LaineyB

I have been trying to get into the (SA) E Home Affairs website but not receiving the OTP via sms even though the last four numbers reflected is correct. Cant get through to the callcentre and none of my emails are being answered. Trying to apply for a replacement for my Smart ID and renew my passport. But cant get into the site without first receiving and inputting the OTP. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do? I'm trying to avoid going to the offices. I wont go into detail about how frustrating this ordeal is. I'm hoping that there is a logical explanation for this.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
One quick tip (and it caused me plenty pains) is press Submit/Login/whatever,not <enter> on the keyboard,the site handles that input incorrectly

Apogee

I have been trying to get into the (SA) E Home Affairs website but not receiving the OTP via sms even though the last four numbers reflected is correct. Cant get through to the callcentre and none of my emails are being answered. Trying to apply for a replacement for my Smart ID and renew my passport. But cant get into the site without first receiving and inputting the OTP. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do? I'm trying to avoid going to the offices. I wont go into detail about how frustrating this ordeal is. I'm hoping that there is a logical explanation for this.
Your number is not perhaps listed in the DMSA's DNC database?

Found out the hard way that database blocks legitimate sms like this as well.

LaineyB

Your number is not perhaps listed in the DMSA's DNC database?

Found out the hard way that database blocks legitimate sms like this as well.

but thats marketing related and the SMS from Home Affairs is not marketing related. I have never registered on this site before so dont think my number is on that database. I'm getting sms's from every unknown organisation except Home Affairs!

ElliotAlderson

I am having the exact same problem, been trying all day to register and to log in, but having no luck.

I found this link:

But not sure when this was posted.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Sorry but don't want to start a new thread. Has anyone had success with paying through absa online ?

It also seems to load the old details that I tried (it was incorrect) and now seems to try and use that one every time.

FFS this should be easy :mad:

Labradorable

I'm having the same problem. I've phoned 4 times holding 30 minutes each time before someone answers, just to be told that I am the ONLY ONE with this problem and nothing can be done unless it is a common problem. So frustrating!

warwickw

Expert Member
This happened to me as well, I eventually called them and they had to change my cell number to a different number and then the OTP worked. Problem calling this is a pain, it took me about 6 attempts and most probably about 2 hours waiting on hold across all those calls.

All I can say is good luck.

Labradorable

This happened to me as well, I eventually called them and they had to change my cell number to a different number and then the OTP worked. Problem calling this is a pain, it took me about 6 attempts and most probably about 2 hours waiting on hold across all those calls.

All I can say is good luck.
I changed my number this morning to my friend's number and was able to make a booking. Nobody knows why I can't receive the OTP..

dr5mn

Wondering whether it ever really worked???

Surely I can't be THAT lucky (or unlucky) that every time I try to log in, it doesn't work? Maybe I should start gambling, I may have the same luck.

mjzar

From my experience it never works afterhours. Only the next morning do all the SMSs suddenly come through at 7am. Totally pointless

mjzar

This system is so sh*****t!
The otp SMS is now coming through for me, seriously delayed

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
I had this issue as well. It does not work afterhours as other users have pointed out.

It works perfectly during business working hours and days.

ThatDarnKitteh

I have been trying to login since LAST YEAR. It worked briefly in the beginning after I first registered but now doesn't work.

There is a page saying the OTP system is "currently under review". Great stuff but there's no ETR and of course no response to my emails.

Has anyone from above had any luck?