E-tags rolling out to other provinces

Intell1gence

THEN WHY NOT IMPLEMENT A FUEL LEVY?!?!?

I'm sorry, if etolling is going national THEN WHY NOT IMPLEMENT A FUEL LEVY?!?!?

You don't get it, do you. Do you think they would have gone this route if an easier option was feasible? If they just wanted more money, they would have just upped the fuel levy, would have been much easier with far less issues. The guys up top have spoken, and implemented it will be. This is not only going to be another means of government income, it is going to lead to vehicle surveillance and eventually to another arm of carbon tax. Now that they have their foot in the door, expect a hike every so often, same as the quiet tax introduced to electricity not so long ago. Not long from there they’ll add carbon tax and make it financially impossible to freely travel at will. This is just the start.

But yea, a similar system is already up around CT (N2 to Somerset & N1 to Worcester). Those vrek high steel poles with cameras, solar panels and electric wind generators on them, so every few km or so that came up just before the world cup. They're privately owned and will monitor all traffic passing, generating income through speeding fines. At the moment they're just waiting for juristic approval (probably due to e-toll being paused). I'm not speculating FYI, heard from one of the investors themselves.

But no means to worry, these things should happen. It’s showing us the end time is not far from being near ;)

Sm00thSm0k3

Expert Member
Anyone with half a brain should have known this was going to happen eventually....

Hopefully people in the other provinces will also wake up now and help fight this corrupt system.

Last edited:

TJ99

Honorary Master
Anyone with half a brain should have known this was going to happen eventually....

Hopefully people in the other provinces will also wake up now and help fight this corrupt system.

I hope so. Now they can stop with their "It's Gauteng's problem lololololololololo" spiel.

Executive Member
I hope so. Now they can stop with their "It's Gauteng's problem lololololololololo" spiel.

I don't see any additional tolls being built anywhere, so it's still only Gautengs problem (lololololol)

TJ99

Honorary Master
I don't see any additional tolls being built anywhere, so it's still only Gautengs problem (lololololol)

And when it's everyone else's problem, it will be too late to have stopped it. It needs to end here and now before this e-cancer spreads to the whole country.

Executive Member
And when it's everyone else's problem, it will be too late to have stopped it. It needs to end here and now before this e-cancer spreads to the whole country.

They'll just find other ways to bleed us dry... higher fuel levies, stolen retirement funds, taxes, tenders...