Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
E-tolls are still the law and you must pay — Transport department

Department of Transport director-general Alec Moemi has said that Treasury must decide on the future of e-tolls. Until then, it is the law, and South Africans must pay their dues.

In a virtual parliamentary meeting last week, he said that further study on e-tolls needs to be conducted and that they remain an official government programme that must be respected.

killerbyte

Expert Member
I won't even use the E-toll bills as toilet paper.

They can try all they like, I will never pay for the E-Tolls.

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
This is a bold statement during an election year. Don't they normally tell us they're gonna scrap it when canvassing?

Also, as much as individuals aren't paying, I suspect the transport companies are paying. And those fees are being baked into the prices for everything that you buy that needs to be transported.

So, fun fact, in some way you are indeed paying.

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
Ah yes since I'm already a criminal breaking other laws dont matter

j4ck455

Executive Member
Dear not a smart Alec, we all have medical parole exemption from sucking your etollie, go shove it where the sun does not shine.

Last edited:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
When even Cosatu says:
The Congress of South African Trade Union (Cosatu) says that the government cannot continue to ignore the failed e-toll system in Gauteng and that it needs to be scrapped.
“The e-toll policy has failed. Motorists are not paying even when Sanral is giving discounts,” it said. The federation called on all motorists in Gauteng to continue not paying their e-tolls accounts in protest of the system.
The cANCer needs to recognise that they are on a hiding to nothing here.

The_MAC

Executive Member
To be honest, after all the shenanigans of the last 2 years alone, with a pandemic on top of it - they can honestly go pleasure themselves..

berrypi

I like this article, so use it against them... in relation to the SABC --- “You use the road that is tolled, you pay for it. You don’t use it, you don’t pay for it. It’s as simple as all that.”

-- so i dont USE SABC, so i dont have to pay for. kla.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Bwahahahahah..... must pay, yeah Alec how is that little idea actually working out for you in reality?

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
...he said that further study on e-tolls needs to be conducted...
how many further studies have they conducted? i feel like they're keeping this thing alive for as long as they can so that they can use it as an election point or until there is literally no more money left for them to siphon off of it.