entrepr

Expert Member
I would love to see the numbers that investors were show for the purpose of the bond issue

ingeon

This might be a crappy thought but I actually don`t mind corporate companies paying e-toll.
They make money driving over weight trucks up and down chowing up the roads.

But to make normal commuting citizens pay is ridiculous. No decent public transport, sitting
on highways burning fuel just to get to work to make a living...

Executive Member
This might be a crappy thought but I actually don`t mind corporate companies paying e-toll.

But to make normal commuting citizens pay is ridiculous. No decent public transport, sitting
That is a crappy thought

Segg

Expert Member

They will just forward the cost to their consumers by raising their prices, like whats happened

Rabobi

Executive Member

The amount of stupid in this post is staggering. Where do you think the trucking companies' fuel levy and licensing payments are supposed to go?

kianm

Honorary Master
I would love to see the numbers that investors were show for the purpose of the bond issue
haha Sanral lies all the way, if they can try lie to the whole country then probably they would also have lied to the investors.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I believe that back in the day trucks were not allowed on the roads during peak hours, and in some cases not allowed on many of the main roads. Is this true?

Kosmik

Honorary Master

Lol,anyone who has anything to do logisticly will be aware that most companies now pay a e-toll surcharge on transport. Trust me, you're paying.

Allin

Expert Member

I couldn't agree with you more about the bold part of your statement.

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
I also wonder how many of the registrations were from people outside the greater Joburg area or from other provinces.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I'm sure these numbers are BS. I would love to see the figures, especially the number of Registered users who actually use the highway more than once or twice a week.

aborg

E-tolls are the manifestation of where we are in our country with regards to the way government can extort money from the public, stuff there pockets with this money (and don't forget the close friends) and get away with it.

Disgusting!

_TrXtR_

How much would you like our food to cost? Or would you prefer companies just to close down, not being able to afford to transfer food anymore? Companies have already closed down and fired all their employees because of e-toll bills...

SaiyanZ

Executive Member

Trucks already pay massive vehicle licence fees to compensate.

reactor_sa

Executive Member

Trucks f up the back roads, not the highways which are designed to handle the weight. Etolls have definitely made back roads worse.

DominionZA

Executive Member
Trucks f up the back roads, not the highways which are designed to handle the weight. Etolls have definitely made back roads worse.
Could not agree more.

Anyone travelled the R511 between JHB and Hartees lately?

Granted they are now doing repairs, but damn is that terrible is some parts still. Besides the potholes and broken road edges - the feeling of keeping your car on the road with an oncoming 18 wheeler and broken road edge with 0.5m drop is hair raising. I try use the N4 or R512 as much as I can.