E-toll prices hikes kick in in March

s0lar

Expert Member
*grins* Isn't it funny how your civil disobedience exists only where there is a direct benefit to you ... in this instance, saving you money? Between you and me, I'm actually putting my money where my mouth is, in terms of supporting eTolling simply because it's the law and I don't get to decide which laws I want to support, anymore than you do. What civil disobedience are you taking part in that actually costs you money or time? That would mean something.

Thing is people illegally connect electricity, do not pay there traffic fines, municipal levies or etolls and get away with it. Why should you be the dumb sucker that does when nobody else does?

Colonialist mind is strong with this one.

Swa

Honorary Master
Swa, there was actually a public participation process. Sadly it didn't go your way, and maybe it wasn't to your satisfaction, but regardless here we are, and the democratically-elected government supports it (although they themselves would love some political point-scoring by cancelling the whole thing), and all of this is a moot discussion. Now let's you and I stop wasting our lives and carry on as we were.
A "public participation" process which strangely nobody can remember. No what happened is it was announced and implemented. There was no legal process and due process wasn't followed. Plenty of people objected but there was nowhere to direct those objections to and they weren't considered. You're just trying to defend the indefensible here but with every point you're trying to score there are ten others that weren't followed.

s0lar

Expert Member
A "public participation" process which strangely nobody can remember. No what happened is it was announced and implemented. There was no legal process and due process wasn't followed. Plenty of people objected but there was nowhere to direct those objections to. You're just trying to defend the indefensible here but with every point you're trying to score there are ten others that weren't followed.
Reminds of of those WASP deductions on your phone bill. Totally unsolicited charge, but hey it’s a legit deduction, dont fight it. It’s your duty as a upright citizen to pay your bills even if you were not consulted.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Reminds of of those WASP deductions on your phone bill. Totally unsolicited charge, but hey it’s a legit deduction, dont fight it. It’s your duty as a upright citizen to pay your bills even if you were not consulted.
Yes, because driving on a highway with massive signs warning you that it is tolled, is the same as being billed for WASPs you didn't sign up for?

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
A "public participation" process which strangely nobody can remember. No what happened is it was announced and implemented. There was no legal process and due process wasn't followed. Plenty of people objected but there was nowhere to direct those objections to and they weren't considered. You're just trying to defend the indefensible here but with every point you're trying to score there are ten others that weren't followed.
That's a strong statement: no legal process and due process wasn't followed. Got proof of that?

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
The money Zuma stole for the Guptas could pay for that tarmac x1000 times. That is the problem. Corrupt and incompetent governance should never put up e-tolls. It is your duty to resist. Public participation and due process my ass. The problem is "the way it was done" my ass. Maybe an old lady should pitch up at your door demanding R10000 rather? Maybe just hike the petrol levy and let the entire country suffer instead of just those that use the dodgy system? My ass.