E-toll system mistakes bike-carrying cars for trucks

MKFrost

Expert Member
So the fact that the system is not working as it should is once again made the consumers problem. No matter what happens, Sanral will never be in the wrong.

nakedpeanut

Expert Member
I can see why you would want this auto classification flagging to detect if people register a smaller vehicle then use it in a truck, but surely they should confirm manually before just automatically charging you?!

Idiotic system run by imbeciles..

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
“Our request is that the person who has a transaction to dispute, should call into the Call Centre 0800 726 75, or visit any of our Customer Service Centres,” Mona said.

and once again it is up to the customer to sort out SANRAL's fck ups. :D

Gezza

Expert Member
Why don't all people load bicycles on top of their cars? This would be an awesome way to impair Scamrails efforts to collect tolls. All their tolls will get queried.

daveza

Honorary Master
1797332_229895440528940_1735664386_n.jpg

Sinbad

Honorary Master
And the system has been tested for how long?

I suspect not at all.
I think they checked that nothing crashed, but no data or result validation was done.

Piss poor, but that's what you get when you go with the highest backhander.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Wow, this scanning. You Gautengers can have lots of fun with that.

Imagine all the **** you could do. Wahahahaaa! ****ing idiots

Executive Member
“It is important to note that our system uses scanning to classify vehicles automatically, but once this is queried, a manual verification and classification takes place,” said Mona

So, everyone must query the system - lets see how well manual verification goes with 3 million queries a day.

DailyTech

Another Typo, another day, another F^&%$ing maaadddddd Grammar NAZI !

"Call Centre 0800 726 75"
THERE IS a 2 missing between 7 and the 5 !!! aaarrrggghhh !!!

DailyTech

I just discovered that Donkeys do not pay e-tollies, so I am now going to tow 200 motorists a day over the etollies , and make a killing !!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I just discovered that Donkeys do not pay e-tollies, so I am now going to tow 200 motorists a day over the etollies , and make a killing !!

But cars being towed/carried on flatbeds etc do get billed.

DJ...

Banned
Did Sanral just state that the mere existence of a towbar reclassifies your vehicle?:wtf:

Devill

Damned
So the fact that the system is not working as it should is once again made the consumers problem. No matter what happens, Sanral will never be in the wrong.

+1. The only response that they have is that to blame shift or simply state that it is the law......

garp

Executive Member
Why don't they just cross reference the vehicle details in the Enatis database? Surely, the vehicle type/classification/weight is on it's Enatis record? No need for overcomplicated systems to try and estimate the vehicle size.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Why don't they just cross reference the vehicle details in the Enatis database? Surely, the vehicle type/classification is on it's Enatis record?

I suspect they don't have access to eNatis.