E-toll unhappiness and funding model explained

ChocolateBadger

Expert Member
Looks like most of jozi called sanrals bluff. Legal action on the majority of tax payers in joburg? Haha even sanral are not that stupid.

grok

Honorary Master
“We have had long discussions in the ANC Gauteng and in government…There is still dissatisfaction with the funding model,” Vadi told the newspaper.

Just as Gauteng residents are still dissatisfied with the e-tolling model.

We didn't ask for it so we won't pay for it.
No consultation, no contribution.
Democracy not idiocracy.

kianm

Honorary Master
I don't need your explanations why didn't you want to talk to me during the initial stages of this ****

Swa

Honorary Master
“Also note that e-tolling is an alternate, automated means of payment that does not require a road user to stop-and-pay-tolls. Finally, note that Sanral is an implementer of government policy,” said Mona.
So where is the other options then?

maeztro

Read up on the shadow-thing. That sounds likely to be the next alternative. From my very basic understanding, it looks like another effortless way to channel money into offshore accounts.

krycor

Honorary Master
So.. If they start implementing the fuel levy, won't they be charging twice haha

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So.. If they start implementing the fuel levy, won't they be charging twice haha

Only to people who use e-tolls roads and pay. Everyone buying fuel will pay for the additional phases in that scenario which is fine but flies in face of their user pays story.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Yoh! Heard on the radio now a snound clip from the review panel. The guy said that the people that use public transport dont even belong there and must "shut up" .

TJ99

Honorary Master
Yoh! Heard on the radio now a snound clip from the review panel. The guy said that the people that use public transport dont even belong there and must "shut up" .

Yup, corrupt government types tend to get pissy when backed into a corner.