• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

E-tolls: A sorry tale four years later

c3n0byt3

Nice info, but I'm no longer getting invoices of vehicles I've previously owned.
Surely, for the system to work they need to constantly send documents to owners of vvehicles even after they sell the said vehicle?

Massive fail.
Why would you get an invoice for a vehicle now belonging to someone else?
The passes that your old vehicle incurred while you were the owner are for your cost. Those costs are rolled up into your total amount.
Once the vehicle is transferred, the passes now incurred with the new owner go to that owner.

So say theoretically if you could get your entire invoice, line by line, in detail.
You'd see your old vehicle listing there in the past. And those amounts are part of the total cost you now owe.
The thing is they cannot send your entire bill in detail since it's super costly.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Why would you get an invoice for a vehicle now belonging to someone else?
The passes that your old vehicle incurred while you were the owner are for your cost. Those costs are rolled up into your total amount.
Once the vehicle is transferred, the passes now incurred with the new owner go to that owner.

So say theoretically if you could get your entire invoice, line by line, in detail.
You'd see your old vehicle listing there in the past. And those amounts are part of the total cost you now owe.
The thing is they cannot send your entire bill in detail since it's super costly.
You're right now I remember.
Shows you how long it's been since I opened the mail.