E-tolls will enhance economic growth: Deputy President

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
E-tolls will boost economy: Deputy President

Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project will lead to "enhanced economic growth", according to South Africa's Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
LOL WTF HAHA
the downgraded freeways have done ****all to ease congestion. So how will they enhance growth?

TJ99

Honorary Master
The only thing this e-troll scam will enhance is the size of Zoom-zoom's "fire" pool.

grok

Honorary Master
Only in the cANCer's imaginary world ..

K

kingrob

Ok, if there was any doubt that Kgalema Motlanthe is a poephol, it has now been confirmed for once and for all.

Juice

Expert Member
And here I thought Kgalema was one of the smart ones...

• People have had to quit their jobs because they could no longer afford to travel to work.
  • The cost of transporting goods and services have increased, adding financial pressure on consumers as retailers simply pass on the cost.
  • The additional cost of transporting fuel was never calculated into the fuel price increases and the fuel price is currently under review. Expect that the fuel price will also increase in 6 months to accommodate the cost of e-tolls (irony, much? so we get to pay a fuel levy for e-tolls anyway...)
  • Small business are under pressure because the cost of doing business around Johannesburg has increased out of line with basic inflation and consumer ability to pay up.
  • The consumers are the lowest common denominator in all of these supply chains. Everyone just passes the cost on to the little guy, and we pay for e-tolls over and over and over, whether we've got a bloody e-tag or not.

*sshole.

Last edited:

MKFrost

Expert Member
This country is in the state its in because these 'leaders' in government actually believe all the drivel they speak.

I have hope for this country but that hope is diminishing every time somebody in this government opens their mouth.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
This country is in the state its in because these 'leaders' in government actually believe all the drivel they speak.

I have hope for this country but that hope is diminishing every time somebody in this government opens their mouth.

The "leaders" only worry about their own pocket...

RichardG

Honorary Master
Will cripple the economy! People will think twice before going to the shops cos e-tolls have upped the prices on goods

grok

Honorary Master
And here I thought Kgalema was one of the smart ones...

• People have had to quit their jobs because they could no longer afford to travel to work.
  • The cost of transporting goods and services have increased, adding financial pressure on consumers as retailers simply pass on the cost.
  • The additional cost of transporting fuel was never calculated into the fuel price increases and the fuel price is currently under review. Expect that the fuel price will also increase in 6 months to accommodate the cost of e-tolls (irony, much? so we get to pay a fuel levy for e-tolls anyway...)
  • Small business are under pressure because the cost of doing business around Johannesburg has increased out of line with basic inflation and consumer ability to pay up.
  • The consumers are the lowest common denominator in all of these supply chains. Everyone just passes the cost on to the little guy, and we pay for e-tolls over and over and over, whether we've got a bloody e-tag or not.

*sshole.

You bloody capitalist! Communists simply aren't supposed to be able to forsee such a long list of consequences.

Insint

Expert Member
“Through enhanced traffic flow and accessibility, the project will contribute significantly to economic growth,” he said.

What is he smoking e-tolls does not decrease traffic flow.
It forces people to make already congested roads even more congested.
It forces people to drive longer routes which makes the trip more expensive.

Tired of this :sick:

Bismuth

Expert Member
“Through enhanced traffic flow and accessibility, the project will contribute significantly to economic growth,” he said.

What is he smoking e-tolls does not decrease traffic flow.
It forces people to make already congested roads even more congested.
It forces people to drive longer routes which makes the trip more expensive.

Tired of this :sick:

Exactly, I have seen absolutely NO decrease in traffic on the route I travel, quite the opposite, I think it has actually increased!

B

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Its now become a common occurence for government to make stupid statements. Not at all surprised.

Jab

Expert Member
To be fair traffic on the R21 is much better. Still **** e-tolls.