E.tv’s 24-hour news channel ready to air

ld13

Honorary Master
ETV & International quality?

LOL!

IBIWISI :D

Would be interesting to see eNews in action though...

risingtide

What is disappointing is that according to the article they just aim to be a clone of other networks.
I also don't see the connection between using the DSTV infrastruture and why it can't be a free new service. They may have scrored an own goal there. If it would be free and the service is of good quality I would consider buying the hardware to have some decent news just for that. No ways am I going to spend R199 every month.
Of the 1.5 million viewers how many watch 24 hour news and of those how many will watch eTV?

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Guess they can no longer use their be free with e slogan.

/me bookmarks the asasa site ready to take action :)

Move over Sky and CNN
lol - they don't really think they can complete do they!

Byte

<sarcasm on>This is great news. Another news channel for rich people who can afford DSTV. Well done etv!!</sarcasm off>

Lydon

Expert Member
I for one am actually happy with the arrival of the channel, as E-News is the only non-biased local news program imho.

RonRon

Non-biased? E-News? Ever heard of that hideously ugly woman named Deborah Patta. She is a rabid anti-American/West grandstanding attention whore who twists the news until it screams for mercy.

In any case I don't see why anyone who has DSTV would waste their time on E.TV news. The biggest reason why E.tv is as popular as it is is because it's free and in English - over on DSTV it isn't free and being in English doesn't matter.

I for one am actually happy with the arrival of the channel, as E-News is the only non-biased local news program imho.

HiMyNameIs

if they (e-tv) think they have a chance at it, let them be, besides it broadens the Dstv bouquet even more and there is a market for everything, i mean not everyone watches lets say The Style Network on Dstv but it is there...

Just_Ice

Executive Member
There is always news somewhere! I would love to see it but I would never get DSTV just to watch a news channel!

Boodles

Executive Member
I think Reido Dereko works to much. Shes obsessed with money that chick and isnt having one full time job enough for her already?

Anyway, hedsup to Jeremy Maggs, this guy is top class.

AR_GTR

Etv are the only channel that doesnt subscribe to propaganda like another national broadcaster, ie doesnt hide stories *cough* sabc

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Swak one e-tv. Plenty of other stuff we could do with - not another 24 hour news channel :( ...If it was free on the other hand, then we'd be talking :p

JustAsk

Expert Member
I like the idea and will sure check it out.CNN,FOX and Sky's idea of "breaking news" are shocking.Btw this is a 24h LOCAL news channel,something me and many others can use,i really don't see how you can compare it with all the other news channels many is refering to.

RonRon

Etv are the only channel that doesnt subscribe to propaganda like another national broadcaster, ie doesnt hide stories *cough* sabc
ETV does hide stories, or at least under-reports them. Only at ETV would they give a 20 second brief about a dozen Muslim "freedom fighters" who killed over 200 innocent christian children at a school in Beslan, Russia and then go on for over 10 minutes about those evil-blood-thirsty-Sons-Of-Satan-Americans who killed a few Al-Quida Freedom-Fighters.

ld13

Honorary Master
ETV does hide stories, or at least under-reports them. Only at ETV would they give a 20 second brief about a dozen Muslim "freedom fighters" who killed over 200 innocent christian children at a school in Beslan, Russia and then go on for over 10 minutes about those evil-blood-thirsty-Sons-Of-Satan-Americans who killed a few Al-Quida Freedom-Fighters.
You don't need a TV for that, just a window!
I see you are new here - are you new to eTV as well? Sure as heck seems so.

Why so negative?

RonRon

I see you are new here - are you new to eTV as well? Sure as heck seems so.

Why so negative?
Just because one is new here doesn't mean that one is new to all opinions, does it? Although I have only been on this forum a short while I have been watching E for the 10 or so years it has been airing.

I must say that your attack sure doesn't make a newbie feel very welcomed. Maybe that is intentional?

Last edited: