E.tv’s 24-hour news channel ready to air

ld13

Honorary Master
I'm just trying to establish:
1) Why you are so negative
2) Why you brought the whole Muslim-Christian-Al-Quida-under-reporting topic into this...

Thats all.

RonRon

It's obvious you haven't followed the thread or haven't read what I wrote. I can answer both your questions in one.

Someone said that etv wasn't biased. I, and many others, think it is. It is clearly anti-american and Deborah Patta downplays Islamic terrorism and overplays "US Aggression".

I'm curious as to why you felt it was necessary to comment on the fact that I was new to this forum. How long must one be a member of this forum in order to have an opinion? Does the value or merit of one's opinion relate to how long they have been on this forum?

If this is how newbies are treated on this forum then you can have it all to yourselves. I'm not into pissing-contest games.

Cheers

I'm just trying to establish:
1) Why you are so negative
2) Why you brought the whole Muslim-Christian-Al-Quida-under-reporting topic into this...

Thats all.

risingtide

...If it was free on the other hand, then we'd be talking :p
One could always watch SABC News International (SABC 2, 00:00 to 05:00) with a news reader who has some kind of speech impediment ... but it's free.
Proudly South African. I think not. Who hires such people?

ld13

Honorary Master
Lets see here.

Obviously you are wrong. I have been following this thread closely - I always read all the posts before I reply thereto (unless indicated otherwise).

I never said that eTV was biased or not. I don't watch eTV enough to be able to comment on that.

All posts are treated as the same - if you are new or not. It just so happens that generally, new members "screw up" their first few posts or make some common mistakes. Go back and look at mine. I still laugh at myself for those first few posts. We sometimes do see some Strong first posts that throw a few strong comments out into the open or make some controversial statements like I've seen with your post(s). This is usually some previous member that got banned and decided to come back (clone). Thats why I felt it was necessary to point out that you were new. Maybe 'SomeTroll' go banned again – maybe that was you. I could be wrong though and probably is.

And I don't like it when people drag the whole Muslim-Christian-Al-Quida-under-reporting topic into anything. It always ends up badly. :(

I apologize if I attacked you personally in any way. I was not looking for a pissing-contest or anything along those lines. This is not my style at all - once again you are free to look at my past posts. Also know you are welcome here (newbee or not), to post about whatever you want and whenever you want in whatever way you choose - but I personally don't see Why everything must always be so negative, so I must ask of you to please be a bit more positive. Use it, don't use it. Your choice.

Over and above all that – I was in bit of a bad mood. That clearly was part of it imho. Sorry again – and welcome to the forum! :)

Cheers

PPJ

Opinions

Opinions are what forums are all about. You write what you think and when you read you evaluate what you read, wheather or not you agree. If what you read is true, your view might have been broadened, if what you read is off topic or not to your liking or even wrong, deside if it is important enough to react in writing. What is writen is writen.... Experience has tought me that no one fresh or otherwise knows everything....... If you know you are right, you know what you know what you know, and it might not be to any ones benefit to push it on a public forum, BUT IT IS STILL YOUR OPINION. If you are missing something somewhere learn from it, swallow it and get on with the next topic (life).

RonRon I would hate to see you go, and I am a nobody here.

klk

re:etv channel

......and now back to the "news" topic.:p

I think it is great to have another news channel on dstv .
More people will be employed by ETV thus more people earning a living.:D
Why for heaven sakes do some people always want everything for free ?:confused:

Milano

Honorary Master
Can't see what the fuss is about.

Either they succeed in which case good for them or they fail in which case who cares.

As long as this does not effect subs then it can only be a good thing.

Anyway, don't they bring something new in that they will cover local news?

I am sure there isn't enough news in a 24hr period so they will probably largely repeat content with small updates as the other 24hr channels do.

Alan

Honorary Master
*Yawn*

Another 24 hour news channel. How many is that now on DSTV

I like the idea and will sure check it out.CNN,FOX and Sky's idea of "breaking news" are shocking.Btw this is a 24h LOCAL news channel,something me and many others can use,i really don't see how you can compare it with all the other news channels many is refering to.
Bring FOX to DSTV. That'll add a different perspective from BCC, CNN, SKY, EuroNews... who all spew out the same twisted 'news' while sweeping anything that doesn't suit their ideological stand point under the carpet.

chiskop

Executive Member
Bring FOX to DSTV. That'll add a different perspective from BCC, CNN, SKY, EuroNews... who all spew out the same twisted 'news' while sweeping anything that doesn't suit their ideological stand point under the carpet.
Yep, if its "twisted 'news'" you're after, you can't go wrong with Fox. :rolleyes: :)

Last edited:

ColinR

Expert Member
and why should i watch e-tv news?
You'll watch it about the same amount as all the other channels; a total of about 10 seconds, the time it takes to realise there *may* be something on the next channel, rinse, repeat.

Ivork

Expert Member
I rather watch the France24 News channel on the public boquet.
At least that costs me nothing, and has all the world news I need! :rolleyes:

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Just saw the ad for the eNews channel a few minutes ago and I couldn't resist posting an American's opinion:

"It looks like our fake news on Saturday Night Live" :D