E5186 has no band 2300 option

paap

Need some help connecting to telkom band 40 ie TDD2300.

Got Huawei E5186-61a and downloaded latest E5186 toolbox v0.9,but both the LTE router page and toolbox setting page has no network band 2300 option.

Would like to have telkom LTE-A by force.

grump_grouch

Try the below:

Code:
<request>
<NetworkMode>03</NetworkMode>
<NetworkBand>8000000000</NetworkBand>
<LTEBand>8000000000</LTEBand>
</request>

paap

Try the below:

Code:
<request>
<NetworkMode>03</NetworkMode>
<NetworkBand>8000000000</NetworkBand>
<LTEBand>8000000000</LTEBand>
</request>
Where must I paste it to? Under API configuration which option should I choose and then what to do?really being clueless:(

sajunky

Honorary Master

grump_grouch

Go to the "API Control" tab. Under the "API configuration" dropdown, select "/api/net/net-mode". Click on the "Get" button to retrieve the current settings (for backup purposes - copy these and paste into your favourite text editor). Paste the above XML snippet into the "Write to API" text box and the click on the "Write directly to API" button". This will update your settings and re-connect to the network. If you run into issues, merely paste your saved settings and update your device to what it was.

Take note that your upload speed will be MUCH slower than your download speed, but your downloads should fly if you have decent reception.

Last edited:

paap

Go to the "API Control" tab. Under the "API configuration" dropdown, select "/api/net/net-mode". Click on the "Get" button to retrieve the current settings (for backup purposes - copy these and paste into your favourite text editor). Paste the above XML snippet into the "Write to API" text box and the click on the "Write directly to API" button". This will update your settings and re-connect to the network. If you run into issues, merely paste your saved settings and update your device to what it was.

Take note that your upload speed will be MUCH slower than your download speed, but your downloads should fly if you have decent reception.
Thank you.

Done exactly what you told,didn't notice any download speed increase same as 6mbps previously,however,the upload went down to 0.33mbps from 5mbps.

Is your method allow e5186 router to receive 2 x 20MHz spectrum blocks on the 2300Mhz band (telkom LTE-A)? Why does the router page 192.168.8.1 only shows 4G not 4G+ ?

sajunky

Honorary Master

cavedog

Honorary Master
So yes I'm left a bit dissapointed but yeah always wondered why telkom killed that router so in my quest to find a new one a little birdie wistled in my ear from a store saying the instruction came from head office to stop all sales on the router and place all deals on it out of stock.

So stock never got refilled even if they had they were not allowed to sell it. Now they quietly just released the 65d version of the b618 as a replacement...