Easiest, most difficult matric subjects

Baxteen

Honorary Master
never mind that Pho3nix.

0.2% of the people who wrote Matric on Dance studies failed. sure it has the highest pass rate, but it is not 100% wrap your head around that one

game@holic

I cant believe that some of those are actual subjects taught at matric level. A good couple of the subjects towards the top of the list are a complete joke. SA really needs to wake up when it comes to the education system.

game@holic

never mind that Pho3nix.

0.2% of the people who wrote Matric on Dance studies failed. sure it has the highest pass rate, but it is not 100% wrap your head around that one

That is really scary. I fear to imagine the quality of doctors and other professionals in the coming years.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
never mind that Pho3nix.

What about the guys who failed visual arts ?

Where they blind ?

whatnot

How much easier has maths become over the last 10+ years ?

I only just passed my Maths HG back in the day, and I blame the trigonometry part of it, algebra was decent.

Iroiro

I only just passed my Maths HG back in the day, and I blame the trigonometry part of it, algebra was decent.

The trig was easy, geometry on the other hand. They give you a jumble of lines and you pray you see how the angles relate.

FrankCastle

Executive Member

As technology and innovation gets more complicated so does maths and science but SA is lagging behind in a big way.

quax

What do the subjects Information Technology and Computer Application Technology entail?

Iroiro

As technology and innovation gets more complicated so does maths and science but SA is lagging behind in a ig way.
I disagree, the fundamentals are still the same. One of the biggest things I found in studying engineering at university, is that even a very complex system comes back to first principals. Ie Newtonian laws, algebra, etc the complexity is in knowing how to apply these first principals. The maths and physics should remain approximately the same difficulty at high school level.

zizo911

Executive Member
What do the subjects Information Technology and Computer Application Technology entail?

Information technology is programming while computer application technology is basic office functions.

Iroiro

I really can't believe that some of these are subjects. I mean dance studies :wtf: and how do you even fail that????
Does anyone know what civil technology, electrical technology and mechanical technology are? I'm inclined to think that it's engineering related.

me_

I don't recognize many of the subjects from the top of the list from when I was at school, however further down the list, those look more familiar.
It makes me think that maybe subjects have been added to improve the pass rate.

I'd love to see the exam for "Life Orientation"... We had a filler called "Life Skills", but you didn't actually get a mark for it.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
So IT is easier then CAT according to your half ass article...?
More people may have passed IT but that does not mean the subject is easier, just means more stupid people have dropped IT and moved to CAT and still failed.

But hey, it's the new year, let's mislabel news stories to attract attention.