East London man who killed friend and held his children hostage shot dead on farm

konfab

Honorary Master
where a 45-year-old "farm owner" had allowed his friend, his friend's wife and their two children to live temporarily, said Captain Hazel Mqala.
Well there is the motive for this maniac.

R10 says they overstayed their welcome.

yebocan

Executive Member
So, apparently, Joubert was a trainee syngoma ... Hoyana was his teacher/guide ... ...as to wtf happened for things to end like this...only the ancestors would know the answer to that.

konfab

Honorary Master
Or the ancestor thing is just too strong for some to handle
Especially when your ancestors have a reputation for being rather proficient at removing Zulu. I wonder if it was some incarnation of Piet Retief taking revenge...:unsure:

thechamp

Honorary Master
Especially when your ancestors have a reputation for being rather proficient at removing Zulu. I wonder if it was some incarnation of Piet Retief taking revenge...:unsure:
Anele Hoyana is a Xhosa name? But maybe they all looked the same to Joubert's ancestors.

yebocan

Executive Member
Sad thing is, most likely they were the best of mates...bit I know about the whole rite in becoming a syngoma, it is taken seriously ...and you have to be called by the ancestors to become one and a trainer/guide would not just accept anyone as their apprentice.

SAguy

Expert Member
Really terrible to see something like this happen. Fritz's brain seems to be completely on the fritz.
Sounds like there are more graphic videos as well based on the twitter comments.

I haven't seen much, but is it correct to label this guy as a racist - crazy murderer for sure, but it seems odd that a racist would embrace the life of becoming a sangoma. Please correct me if I missed something. A lot of news articles have the word racist in the headlines.

yebocan

Executive Member
Really terrible to see something like this happen. Fritz's brain seems to be completely on the fritz.
Sounds like there are more graphic videos as well based on the twitter comments.

I haven't seen much, but is it correct to label this guy as a racist - crazy murderer for sure, but it seems odd that a racist would embrace the life of becoming a sangoma. Please correct me if I missed something. A lot of news articles have the word racist in the headlines.
Racist headline , gets more traction...than, something like : mentally unstable individual, kills

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

You must never forget that whenever a white does anything bad towards any non white, its racist. Although not fact or law yet.

dlk001

Executive Member
I know Anele. Went to school with him. Can't believe this. This is crazy. He was such a humble guy. WTF.
Feel sad for his family. I know Olwethu Hoyana is devastated. His brother was indeed a humble person.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
More horrifying stories of Fritz Joubert emerge

Jissus this guy was insane holy sht. Someone should have reported his mental behaviour long ago and that one person in the article should have reported him for the firearm incident earlier.

dlk001

Executive Member
Last week, he threatened to kill another person. The guy managed to escape and wrote that message to Fritz.