East London man who killed friend and held his children hostage shot dead on farm

Matt91

He "the farmer" looks like he was a bit unhinged even in a sober state, can only guess that substances were consumed and/or smoked during this ceremony and that's when he flipped his nut and lost touch with reality - got that real crazy look in his eyes in the video I saw.

Mar Vin

RIP to the victim but Im glad the criminal was killed.

Also, thank you for letting us know it was a white farmer, as if that would have made a difference.
An important fact.

Imagine this...A black man killing a white man and of all places on a farm......

So yeah...important.

Mar Vin

Lets not get carried away by the ceremony claim. then to add to that suggest some drug was in whatever was used. It all seems like an excuse for what the farmer did....

be more subtle at least lol sheeesh

thechamp

Honorary Master
i just read this happened after a sangoma cleansing ceremony.

are they also given drugs like some other traditional healers in these cleansing ceremonies?(supposedly cleans the spirit and mind etc..)
What kind of drugs were you told about?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
An important fact.

Imagine this...A black man killing a white man and of all places on a farm......

So yeah...important.
Does the media always say a white farmer was killed by a black man?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
i just read this happened after a sangoma cleansing ceremony.

are they also given drugs like some other traditional healers in these cleansing ceremonies?(supposedly cleans the spirit and mind etc..)
Afaik, there's a lot of drumming and slaughtering of a goat. Maybe they take concoctions of herbs as well. I don't. But from what's publicly available, it sounds like Fritz was a nutcase.

access

Executive Member
What kind of drugs were you told about?
told about? you have never seen traditional healers using psycoactive drugs, not even american indians or natives in the amazon for example?
but for your sake, lets simplify it and keep it closer to home.

The use of psychoactive plants by traditional healers in southern Africa appears to be a neglected area of ethnobotanical research. This article explores the healing dynamics involved in the use of popular psychoactive plant preparations known as ubulawu in the initiation rituals of Southern Bantu diviners

However, the same research validation has not yet occurred for the majority of plants used for spiritual healing in South African traditional medicine. One reason for this may be because the psychological effects from the internal administration of psychoactive plants in humans are more difficult to test, assess and interpret using the scientific method than those producing physical effects.

Afaik, there's a lot of drumming and slaughtering of a goat. Maybe they take concoctions of herbs as well. I don't. But from what's publicly available, it sounds like Fritz was a nutcase.
yeah well, sometimes if you have a underlying psychotic problem, psychoactive drugs will bring that right to the surface. lots of studies around it. specially since cannabis is legal.

Mar Vin

Does the media always say a white farmer was killed by a black man?
Yup....always....or usually would just fall under the title "Farm murders"....no other farm murders are labelled that way.

thechamp

Honorary Master
told about? you have never seen traditional healers using psycoactive drugs, not even american indians or natives in the amazon for example?

yeah well, sometimes if you have a underlying psychotic problem, psychoactive drugs will bring that right to the surface. lots of studies around it. specially since cannabis is legal.
I never had American Indians in mind when I asked, No, I have never seen traditional healers using any form of drugs, it's usually a concoction of herbs and only the medicine man knows what's in there.

Mar Vin

I never had American Indians in mind when I asked, No, I have never seen traditional healers using any form of drugs, it's usually a concoction of herbs and only the medicine man knows what's in there.
@thechamp this is what they resort to when a white guy kills a black guy on a farm.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

They don't use cannabis in these rituals afaik. I can ask around, though I don't know if the methods are universal.

millennia

Dude looks and sounds as high as a kite. Somebody couldn't handle his drugs...

access

Executive Member
well now... cocain, heroin, weed, malpitte, et cetera.. are all 'erbs mon(plants)

They don't use cannabis in these rituals afaik. I can ask around, though I don't know if the methods are universal.
i think cannabis is probably of the lowest of psychoactives.. i never said it is used(but im sure some smoke for recreation). the first link mentions something used in initiation rituals.

the use of popular psychoactive plant preparations known as ubulawu in the initiation rituals

yes he could have taken drugs on his own. if there was no sangoma thing involved, i would not be wondering about it. its not sinister or out of the ordinary.

im sayin, hes on drugs... mmkay...

and mar vin, you can go sit on a illudium pu-36 space modulator

ponder

Honorary Master
If one googles 'xhosa sangoma hallucinogenic' there will be links mentioning hallucinogenics but they are mostly research sites one does not have access to, I tried to register on two sites but they won't accept my gmail or outlook email addresses...

access

Executive Member
If one googles 'xhosa sangoma hallucinogenic' there will be links mentioning hallucinogenics but they are mostly research sites one does not have access to, I tried to register on two sites but they won't accept my gmail or outlook email addresses...
heres one. im sure they use their own made up concoctions as well..

Silene undulata is regarded by the Xhosa people as a sacred plant. Its root is traditionally used to induce vivid (and according to the Xhosa, prophetic) lucid dreams during the initiation process of shamans, classifying it a naturally occurring oneirogen similar to the more well-known dream herb Calea zacatechichi.
there are loads. search for psychoactive plants south africa

how many of these are found around here..

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I did acknowledge my lack of knowledge of Xhosa rites and rituals in the subsequent post. But the man was clearly unhinged according to some accounts.

SpliceGold

I am still trying to understand what sort of friends these guys were, and the mad one was also a trainee Sango a even though he seemed to have found God towards the end.
Good question. Judging by the violent video I watched this dude was fking sick. One less piece of crap on this earth, I am happy he is dead after what he did. The videos of all of this was really emotional to watch, especially the one with him holding his child while he was on his knees. The actual video of the murder was removed from his facebook profile.

ponder

Honorary Master
I did acknowledge my lack of knowledge of Xhosa rites and rituals in the subsequent post. But the man was clearly unhinged according to some accounts.
Not questioning what you said just adding to it :thumbsup:

From watching the video I would say he was batschit crazy, drugs or no drugs. It's like a scene from a psychotic horror movie only worse because it's real