Easy Equities good or bad?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Good morning smart investors :)

Question, I see that a nice dividend is payable for "Tradehold Ltd. – JSE:TDHBP"

I see Tradehold LTD is on EE also, but only with code TDH

It aint the same thing ... or is it ?
Novus tomorrow

starmage

How long does it take for transfers to the USD account within EasyEquities?
If you use the easy equity transfer : from ZAR account -> USD account :
if its not a public holiday in US (like today) then if the transfer is done before 10am the money reflects in the USD account by around 1:30pm - so it is available when the US markets opens at 3:30pm
if you transfer after 10am it reflect the following day

To get money into ZAR account from FNB : less than 10 mins

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I see usd and aus terms updated

What does “reverse” easyFX mean?

Does it now mean one can “checkout” directly from usd to zar?

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Where should we put money then? I’m a newbie….

NOTE: This is not financial advice. Do you own research etc.

But there are things called ETF's (exchange traded funds) which are like a basket of stocks. You get local ones, think SATRIX 40, which tracks the price of the top 40 stocks in South Africa. Then you also get international ones, like the S&P500, which tracks the price of the top 500 stocks in the USA. You can buy them in Rands on Easy Equities.

So I would invest in international ETF's like the S&P500, and not in South African ones.

There is a second option on Easy Equities. If you open a US Dollar account, you can directly buy US stocks/shares/ETFs. Like Apple, Google and ETF's like Vanguard etc.

The best way to go about it is read the fund fact sheet which is available on each ETF. See what shares are included in the fund, and look at the past performance over 1,3 and 5 years or more to see what % you can expect it to grow in future.