Easy Equities good or bad?

mr_norris

Expert Member
I bought into Renergen. It was up 7% last I checked. I hope it's not a lemon in the long-term.

shooter_za

Nice to see EE hitting R3 per share!

Hope its a start to eye R5 or R10 mark!

I've been buying PPE shares over the years with spare cash, and I'm glad I did. Over the last few weeks, up 16k before tax, total gains at 62k on a 23k investment. They have a good product, just wish I bought a lot more when they were going nowhere @ +- 30/40c :) But you go on the info you have a the time.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Anyone had a Unit Trust order get stuck in a pending state? Order placed 24 December 8am - still shows Pending, and can't be cancelled.

I've emailed them - but still waiting for a response.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Anyone had a Unit Trust order get stuck in a pending state? Order placed 24 December 8am - still shows Pending, and can't be cancelled.

Tweet them ! They reply within minutes !

cr@zydude

Honorary Master

I tried a purchase through the widget on the Capitec app in mid December. It said that the purchase would take 2 to 3 days to process, but it didn't go through.

Oddly, it seems to have unlinked the Easy Equities widget from my Capitec app.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I tried a purchase through the widget on the Capitec app in mid December. It said that the purchase would take 2 to 3 days to process, but it didn't go through.

Oddly, it seems to have unlinked the Easy Equities widget from my Capitec app.
Mine was via their website - all the other orders have processed. Just the one got stuck - fortunately its a small amount.

ejtango

Good luck with EE support! Their support is bad Twitter messaging takes a day if there is somebody to reply

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Good luck with EE support! Their support is bad Twitter messaging takes a day if there is somebody to reply
Seems like it... All I got via twitter was to log a ticket.

The ticket I logged got a response that they've forwarded it to someone else.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
I bought into Renergen. It was up 7% last I checked. I hope it's not a lemon in the long-term.
They have a quite a lot of debt, aren't profitable and their earnings have declined over the last 5 years (although did increase in the last year.) The share price has increased to historical highs but what's supporting that apart from market sentiment? This wouldn't be for me.

Edit: I forgot about their helium strike which I guess explains the increase in the share price. Might be a while though before this translates into profits for them.

Last edited:

Ams1979

They have a quite a lot of debt, aren't profitable and their earnings have declined over the last 5 years (although did increase in the last year.) The share price has increased to historical highs but what's supporting that apart from market sentiment? This wouldn't be for me.

Edit: I forgot about their helium strike which I guess explains the increase in the share price. Might be a while though before this translates into profits for them.
Follow @Smalltalkdaily on twitter he has all the latest news on Renergen, good analyst on small caps and gives good breakdowns.

Wrath of Khan

Pros:
Simple layout albeit copied
Only simple when you know EXACTLY where to go otherwise impossible
Quick

Cons:
Expensive EE fees
Expensive management fees from ETFs (but this is South Africa, disgusting)
Terrible interface for finding anything
Extremely slow money transfer in and out
Incredibly hard to find info quickly and clearly on the actual stock one is buying
ETN, why do these exist
One Crypto ETF, hopeless
Crypto basket has ZERO crypto in it, makes no sense

They could be great, but they fall short because of their IT department with regards to layout and ease of use, couple that with high fees and it's 6/10

Reactions: BCR

Groggyme

Pros:
Simple layout albeit copied
Only simple when you know EXACTLY where to go otherwise impossible
Quick

Cons:
Expensive EE fees
Expensive management fees from ETFs (but this is South Africa, disgusting)
Terrible interface for finding anything
Extremely slow money transfer in and out
Incredibly hard to find info quickly and clearly on the actual stock one is buying
ETN, why do these exist
One Crypto ETF, hopeless
Crypto basket has ZERO crypto in it, makes no sense

They could be great, but they fall short because of their IT department with regards to layout and ease of use, couple that with high fees and it's 6/10
What other options would you suggest to use that are similar to EE?

Wrath of Khan

As far as I know there aren't any in SA. I've tried them all, FNB, Absa, EE.. they're all expensive and offer so little. EE has come along way but now it just doesn't want to evolve or improve their product. And I'm sorry I will not pay $20 to open a trade on ABSA, that's disgusting. I've used eToro which is very simple, has a lot of research and charges zero commission. EE needs to learn from them. But I think the SA government has now blocked eToro or any foreign investing companies. If you can, look up eToro and see if you still use them, I'd go that route for stocks, etfs, commodities, currencies etc.

If all that fails, your best bet would just to invest in the S&P500, that's it nothing else, whether it be a SA Etf (last option) or a foreign one like Vanguard (if you can)

surface

Honorary Master
Do anyone have info on sygnia 4th industrial revolution?

I see the share price has dropped like rock bottom just after I thought it was a good idea to buy these ETF's?
Responding to old post but hey, sue me.

factsheet dated 30 November 2021. 1 year growth = 20.7% so 30 November 2020 to 30 Nov 2021, right?

1641815037457.png

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Do anyone have info on sygnia 4th industrial revolution?

I see the share price has dropped like rock bottom just after I thought it was a good idea to buy these ETF's?

Look at the year to year graph on EE ... it was -9.62% (ouch)