Easy Equities good or bad?

surface

Honorary Master
Look at the year to year graph on EE ... it was -9.62% (ouch)
I can't make sense of discrepancy of their official Nov 21 fact sheet figures with EE graph. It shows 16.1% as YTD as on November 2021. For -9.62 to happen, it probably had significant drop in Dec 21 & Jan 22 (oh yeah - it dropped this month - just checked). Also, perhaps a significant high in Nov 20 & Dec 20 that was excluded in EE due to this being January 22

Swa

Honorary Master
They have a quite a lot of debt, aren't profitable and their earnings have declined over the last 5 years (although did increase in the last year.) The share price has increased to historical highs but what's supporting that apart from market sentiment? This wouldn't be for me.

Edit: I forgot about their helium strike which I guess explains the increase in the share price. Might be a while though before this translates into profits for them.
That's the thing about market sentiment, once it translates into something verifiable you're too late and the price has adjusted. You have to be able to pick these gems with potential and then stick it out.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Cons:
Expensive EE fees
Expensive management fees from ETFs (but this is South Africa, disgusting)
Terrible interface for finding anything
Extremely slow money transfer in and out
Incredibly hard to find info quickly and clearly on the actual stock one is buying
ETN, why do these exist
One Crypto ETF, hopeless
Crypto basket has ZERO crypto in it, makes no sense

Thought I'd comment on this even though I'm late.

* Expensive fees: Transaction fees are a bit steep, especially with things like eToro being free. It's quite frustrating, but on the other hand, they are about the cheapest in SA.
* Expensive management fees: This is largely not an EE issue - unless you hold their baskets.
* Interface: Somewhat agree, although I know my way around quite well now
* Slow transfer: Haven't had issue with slow transfers into my ZAR account. I haven't withdrawn so I can't comment on that.
* Info on stock: Google the ticker? For ETF's, I do that and grab the MDD from the source so I can read up about it. That's what I do anyway. EasyETFs is also handy in some cases. On top of that, there are usually a bunch of links if you go into a stock:

1642507086064.png

* ETN: Agree
* Crypto ETF: Somewhat agree. On the one hand it is a simple solution if you want to hold a fair variety of crypto without using a different company, but IMO it's too costly. I also think the lack of crypto ETFs is out of EE's control. It's not just an EE issue here.
* Crypto Basket: I can't seem to find this, but I assume the basket comprises of companies involved in Crypto in some form or another. This should have been apparent by looking at what makes up the basket.

To me, a lot of your gripes are out of EE's control - can't really think of EE being bad because of them. But in the spirit of trying not to be too biased, I will say that their support is **** LOL.

surface

Honorary Master
Anyone experienced this? Standard bank to EE account (Standard bank account) transfer usually takes anything from an hour or more. FNB to EE account (FNB) usually is usually much quicker, like within 30 minutes if not earlier.

Kornhub

Blackburn Fan
Hey all, Sorry to bother you. Is easye equities TFSA good? Can I just load a payment into easyequities and then transfer it into the TFSA?

Ams1979

Thought I'd comment on this even though I'm late.

* Expensive fees: Transaction fees are a bit steep, especially with things like eToro being free. It's quite frustrating, but on the other hand, they are about the cheapest in SA.
* Expensive management fees: This is largely not an EE issue - unless you hold their baskets.
* Interface: Somewhat agree, although I know my way around quite well now
* Slow transfer: Haven't had issue with slow transfers into my ZAR account. I haven't withdrawn so I can't comment on that.
* Info on stock: Google the ticker? For ETF's, I do that and grab the MDD from the source so I can read up about it. That's what I do anyway. EasyETFs is also handy in some cases. On top of that, there are usually a bunch of links if you go into a stock:

View attachment 1228898

* ETN: Agree
* Crypto ETF: Somewhat agree. On the one hand it is a simple solution if you want to hold a fair variety of crypto without using a different company, but IMO it's too costly. I also think the lack of crypto ETFs is out of EE's control. It's not just an EE issue here.
* Crypto Basket: I can't seem to find this, but I assume the basket comprises of companies involved in Crypto in some form or another. This should have been apparent by looking at what makes up the basket.

To me, a lot of your gripes are out of EE's control - can't really think of EE being bad because of them. But in the spirit of trying not to be too biased, I will say that their support is **** LOL.
I would love for them to add a venture option where you invest in startups, I know that was one of the questions on the survey the did last year.
Hey all, Sorry to bother you. Is easye equities TFSA good? Can I just load a payment into easyequities and then transfer it into the TFSA?
Just keep your yearly R36 000 limit in mind when you deposit

Last edited:

Ams1979

I would love for them to add a venture option where you invest in startups, I know that was one of the questions on the survey the did last year.

Just keep your yearly R36 000 limit in mind when you deposit, limits reset 1 April every year.
Handy website and youtube video.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Simon Brown interviewed Charles Savage late last year and in that interview he mentioned that Fedgroup style impact farming is coming, as well as EU accounts. Not sure when but it's exciting times. Not sure if I will invest in the impact farming side as I already have a lot with Fedgroup but I am still keen to see what's going to happen.