Easy Equities good or bad?

Wrath of Khan

you sure it was from SARS? You can log into your efiling and get SARS latest letter to you. Your accountant should have sent you a full breakdown from SARS. If you don't agree with anything then you just put an objection in and well...wait about 50 years for feedback!

Reactions: 3WA

Bundu

Expert Member
you sure it was from SARS? You can log into your efiling and get SARS latest letter to you. Your accountant should have sent you a full breakdown from SARS. If you don't agree with anything then you just put an objection in and well...wait about 50 years for feedback!
Yes, my tax lady sent me the ITA34 - she handles everything, so I don't have to deal with SARS at all

Dylan_G

Expert Member
When is EE going to add 2FA to their security, they promised 2+ years ago to do it. They obviously don't value security like I do.
Where'd you see that promise?

I posted in this thread a while back regarding EE and 2FA... The CEO doesn't believe in it.

Link to the old post (Sep 2020):

Stumbled on this one yesterday. Just going to throw it in here for awareness.

Original Tweet:

View attachment 904994

A bit further down that thread, people were asking about Easy Equities implementing two-factor authentication and the question was posed to the CEO.

The reply:

View attachment 904996

In his opinion, there is no need to implement 2FA, even though almost every bank+crypto exchange site has it?

It troubles me because as the months go on, my Easy Equities balance grows... I don't want to have the majority of my investments on a platform that has, by executive decision, no intention of strengthening its security.

warwickw

Expert Member
Where'd you see that promise?

I posted in this thread a while back regarding EE and 2FA... The CEO doesn't believe in it.

Link to the old post (Sep 2020):

I emailed them directly asking for it, they responded saying it would be added to the development cycle 2 years later we still waiting. Yikes pulled up the email trail now, I emailed them December 2017.

If the CEO doesn't believe in 2FA, that is a huge concern considering the implications in the financial services space.

Think its time to shut down my account.

To answer the original question is EasyEquities good or bad, without 2FA security its very very bad and stay away. If they don't consider security a priority on the accounts stay away.

Last edited:

Kornhub

Blackburn Fan
Sorry for this possibly stupid question but is it possible to invest in nasdaq (nasdaq sirt) with easy equities? Can't find it on easy equities so I take that as a nope? If not where can you?

Bundu

Expert Member
Anybody here that was burned by the Steinhoff collapse?
Did EE join any of the claims groups?

Kornhub

Blackburn Fan
I suppose you tried EE USD tab? If you can't find it there, then no.
Yeah I looked :crying:Any other way that it is possible without confusing tax complications etc :laugh:

Separate question but how much are you guys putting into EE every month about?

surface

Honorary Master
Yeah I looked :crying:Any other way that it is possible without confusing tax complications etc :laugh:

Separate question but how much are you guys putting into EE every month about?
I am a small time EE trader. I hardly put 1K per month but have put 5K once or twice. My mistake is I relied on mybb expertise and as a result I am always in the negative. :cool:

Thanks guys. You know who you are. LOL.

Swa

Honorary Master
Lol, and here it starts! Open the can of worms.

Personally I think people think sars are stupid (well.... guess what), not so stupid after all!
And seeing what isn't there isn't considered stupid? SARS is a shadow of its former self and has been flying blindly lately. I heard a guy from SARS talking a while ago how Tom Moyane destroyed what took a lifetime to build it up and how it will take another lifetime to restore it all. Anybody who thinks they suddenly have all this technological innovation to catch evaders is mistaken as all that skill is simply not in the country any more.

Swa

Honorary Master
When is EE going to add 2FA to their security, they promised 2+ years ago to do it. They obviously don't value security like I do.
Honestly 2FA is overhyped. If a site isn't secure enough to protect a 24 character alpha numeric string it won't be secure enough to protect a 6 character number that can be guessed in a few seconds. The major problem with 2FA is that it's a hit and miss to recover so I only use it where forced and where I can easily reset it in case it gets lost.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I am a small time EE trader. I hardly put 1K per month but have put 5K once or twice. My mistake is I relied on mybb expertise and as a result I am always in the negative. :cool:

Thanks guys. You know who you are. LOL.
If it makes you feel better, about 90% of my stuff that was in the green at the beginning of the month is now in red :D All the accounts, USD, RSA, TFSA all went from positive to negative.

I'm just hoping things don't recover before payday so I can buy a little more.