Easy Equities good or bad?

I've been trying to diversify my portfolio beyond world equity indices, but find the info they give on the site very hard to digest. Whenever dividends/distributions are involved, there are no graphs of past performance incl. distributions. You can sometimes see the last dividend, but without longer history the picture on past performance is still incomplete. The best I've found is on some Satrix bonds they show 1/3/5y performance for lump sum with dividends re-invested.

Is there a better way to judge ETFs with distributions? When they say minimum disclosure document they really do mean minimum!

I've been trying to diversify my portfolio beyond world equity indices, but find the info they give on the site very hard to digest. Whenever dividends/distributions are involved, there are no graphs of past performance incl. distributions. You can sometimes see the last dividend, but without longer history the picture on past performance is still incomplete. The best I've found is on some Satrix bonds they show 1/3/5y performance for lump sum with dividends re-invested.

Is there a better way to judge ETFs with distributions? When they say minimum disclosure document they really do mean minimum!
There should be a dividend yield on the MDD. You can add the dividend yield to the number on the growth graph to get an actual return for that year.

There should be a dividend yield on the MDD. You can add the dividend yield to the number on the growth graph to get an actual return for that year.
I've seen a few that have it, but not that many. There's also no history further back than the latest yield usually.

Does anyone have a tool or method to work out actual annual returns on their portfolio?
Mostly asking about a TFSA with monthly contributions and a few years old.

Can someone explain this to me in English. Tsogo sun . Would you keep or not?Screenshot_20230906_104035_Outlook.jpg

Does anyone have a tool or method to work out actual annual returns on their portfolio?
Mostly asking about a TFSA with monthly contributions and a few years old.
Ive setup my own spreadsheet to capture all my investments and contributions.

Can someone explain this to me in English. Tsogo sun . Would you keep or not?View attachment 1583148
They want to purchase your shares back from you.

The offer is only being made to small shareholders hence is called an odd-lot offer.

The offer is above the current share price. I don't know much about the company but I would sell.

They want to purchase your shares back from you.

The offer is only being made to small shareholders hence is called an odd-lot offer.

The offer is above the current share price. I don't know much about the company but I would sell.
Oh Thanks. Think I will just keep it then. It's one of them that is making +108.2%

I hear guys talking about easyproperties in the office. Any of you know what the cons are?

*Something about 7/8 % returns on it

I hear guys talking about easyproperties in the office. Any of you know what the cons are?

*Something about 7/8 % returns on it
It's expensive. I posted about it here a while back: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/easyproperties-launching-1-july.1090477/post-30972775

I wouldn't mind it if their platform fees were not so steep. Every time dividends get paid, half of it disappears because of fees.

Otherwise I suppose it's a nice way to diversify if you are on a budget.

Any one else's Royal Bafokeng shares forcefully sold ?

Ok, the long and short. What happened now in reality vs what was said in the corporate action letter...

It differs day and night

Last edited:
any Prosus (PRX) holders here?
Did you get your 1.1796 free shares for every share held?
Were you refunded for any fractional share?

I got my free shares, but not refunded for my fractional share

I wonder if these guys ever get propery audited, their website/service is so damn buggy, one after the next.

I dump all this to file and run it through my own analysis to see what's happening with my shares across various platforms - EasyEquities constantly has balancing issues. (the top amount is correct - the below amount is not)

132.PNG

From my recons I have also noticed they come up with differences from time to time.

Back