Eating a Carolina Reaper!

Polly101

Before you do this, make sure you have a potassium permanganate solution handy to rinse your mouth out

At a company I worked for, we used to buy the capsaicin for a foot rub - needless to say, there were always accidents with contamination and exposure - pot perm was the only cure, but you walked around with purple hands for weeks after

HunterNW

Executive Member
Before you do this, make sure you have a potassium permanganate solution handy to rinse your mouth out

At a company I worked for, we used to buy the capsaicin for a foot rub - needless to say, there were always accidents with contamination and exposure - pot perm was the only cure, but you walked around with purple hands for weeks after
Why rub someones feet with chilli ? Indian fetish / fantasy ?

HunterNW

Executive Member
meh, reapers are hot but nice hot.
My dogs were chasing some rodent and knocked off all the fruit off my plants while they still green, sigh.
I suppose they still might be hot.
So you eat the stuff ? I've got Ghost peppers growing and they are fcking me up. Don't want to imagine a Carolina reaper.

FlexSA

meh, reapers are hot but nice hot.
My dogs were chasing some rodent and knocked off all the fruit off my plants while they still green, sigh.
I suppose they still might be hot.
You need to get yourself checked out bud!

HunterNW

Executive Member
The worst is when you working with reapers and forget about it and then go take a piss.....
LMAO.... what happens to me quite often after making a chilli sauce.... I've got contacts. Imagine that before going to bed. I cry myself to sleep.

eg2505

Honorary Master
crazy people doing crazier things,

why you would eat such a pepper, is just weird.

the suffering is almost like drinking paint thinners, thinking its good to enjoy,

gamer16

Executive Member
crazy people doing crazier things,

why you would eat such a pepper, is just weird.

the suffering is almost like drinking paint thinners, thinking its good to enjoy,
People like pain for some reason, just Google BDSM

Daruk

Honorary Master
It's always going to be like diving into the unknown. If you have heard problems, don't be surprised if your family have to bury you shortly after.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161020-can-you-hurt-yourself-eating-chilli-peppers
Matt Gross’s account of hot debauchery for Bon Appetit, on the other hand, starts with the cold, hard numbers. “It took me 21.85 seconds to consume three Carolina Reapers, the world’s hottest chillies. And it took me approximately 14 hours to recover from the aftermath,” he says. (Spoiler: The aftermath involved the symptoms of a heart attack.)
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/it...pepper-can-have-negative-effects-on-your-body
Generally speaking, eating peppers doesn’t actually damage your brain (just your breath). But in this case, the man who ate the Reaper began suffering “thunderclap” headaches and was diagnosed with RCSV, or reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome. In short, the arteries in his brain were tightening up. It’s the first time RCSV has been associated with hot chili peppers—although cayenne pepper, weirdly, has been linked to heart attacks. But as the acronym includes the word “reversible,” the story has a happy ending: His symptoms cleared up by themselves, and his arteries were back to normal in about five weeks, though he’s still tragically unable to taste gum.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-throat/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.be77272e99db
At the emergency department, he received Maalox and painkillers. After his condition worsened, doctors moved him to the operating room, where they discovered a “2.5-cm tear in the distal esophagus,” about one inch, as the case report authors noted. The force of the vomiting and retching led to a rare diagnosis of Boerhaave’s syndrome; these spontaneous tears in the esophagus can be fatal if they are not diagnosed and treated.
“The rupture was as a result of the forceful vomiting and retching,” said UC San Francisco clinical fellow and study author Ann Arens, in an email to The Washington Post on Tuesday, “as a result of eating the hamburger with the ghost pepper puree.”
If you have an existing cardio condition, diagnosed or not, I've no doubt this experience can be fatal.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Looking back at it now, might not have been the best idea....

Before I start, someone mentioned that these chillis might be Trinidad Moruga and not Carolina Reapers, they are both even on the scoville scale though.

I ate a whole one on my own on Sunday and it was such a k*k experience!

When you bite into it initially and chew it, you do not feel or taste much at all.

But then all of the sudden my whole mouth was on fire. The thing that hurt the most was the inside of my ears where it connect with your whole throat system. It felt like someone was pouring boiling water down my ears.
The skin on my face then started the feel like there were worms underneath it... wriggling around!!!

I was leaking out of my mouth, nose and eyes constantly. No idea where all the liquid was being produced but it was non stop flowing.

Of about 20 minutes of this, it subsided and I started to feel much better and thought that it was not that bad. So I ate some food that we were braaing.... and oh boy what a mistake. My stomach started to burn... not sure if I wanted to sh*t my pants or puke, I went to to bathroom...

As I got there I puked up everything I ate. The burns started all over again, and I started to shiver and sweat profusely, I just laid down on the cold bathroom floor for 30 minutes.

Scraped some energy together and got all my stuff so that we could go home.
I asked my wife to drive as I could feel that I am not 100%, as we pulled out the driveway I jumped out of the car and puked again. The burning started once again!!

24 hours later, and my taste is very funny. I am struggling to drink water as it has a strange off taste.

This would have been the death of me

eg2505

Honorary Master
People like pain for some reason, just Google BDSM
people are weird, I mean as a child one is taught not to eat batteries or swallow coins,

I guess some people never outgrow that phase, and keep eating super hot chilli peppers for fun.

maybe the people drinking paint thinners, are one and the same.

gamer16

Executive Member
people are weird, I mean as a child one is taught not to eat batteries or swallow coins,

I guess some people never outgrow that phase, and keep eating super hot chilli peppers for fun.

maybe the people drinking paint thinners, are one and the same.
Nah, the people drinking paint thinners are mental, this chili eating is a something more of a fun challenge that one does, same as when we were in high school we took on a challenge to go down a steep storm drain in a shoprite trolley with a fence at the other end, it was fun, then it wasn't. but we had a good laugh about it afterwards.