Eating food off the shelf before paying – what Woolworths, Pick n Pay, and Spar have to say

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Happened to me once, when it came time to pay I realized my wallet is at home. Luckily it's the garage I always fill up at so they know my face and cars by now. Just went home to fetch my wallet and came back to pay.

That would have been a fck up had I been at another garage.
A real-life Alan Harper.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
I think it is an indication of your komminess that you have an issue with this. Only plebs would worry about other plebs are doing.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
I think it is an indication of your komminess that you have an issue with this. Only plebs would worry about other plebs are doing.
What an absolute crock of horse dung. So because non-kommin people take issue with the crap that inbred kommin people do, they are kommin too? :ROFL:

Eniigma

Expert Member
If you allow your kids to manipulate you, they'll take full advantage.
#modernparenting.

Off topic, but related to that, I have friends that can't won't do anything at night because of the kids. Can't go out, can't braai, can't do anything unless it's at their house because it's impossible to get the kids down if they do.

FFS didn't have that problem 10 years ago. Kids went out and fell asleep where ever and would be dragged / carried comotos.

On the plus side both the couples that fall into this trap above are smarter when it comes to shopping with the kids and aways have a tupperware with some biltong or fruit or even break with them for when the kids get hangry.

People should quietly report all these shop foragers for 'kicking empty wrappers of what they consumed' under the shelves to security. Security will then follow them around and stop them at the door and hunt under all the shelves for an hour.

Then it's rubber love, rubber glove time. Yeah!

That'll stop em .

access

Executive Member
#modernparenting.

Off topic, but related to that, I have friends that can't won't do anything at night because of the kids. Can't go out, can't braai, can't do anything unless it's at their house because it's impossible to get the kids down if they do.

FFS didn't have that problem 10 years ago. Kids went out and fell asleep where ever and would be dragged / carried comotos.

On the plus side both the couples that fall into this trap above are smarter when it comes to shopping with the kids and aways have a tupperware with some biltong or fruit or even break with them for when the kids get hangry.
yeah some people disappear, become full time helicopters.

Swa

Honorary Master
It's a sign of the times, we live in a society of people who want instant gratification and there is no such thing as patience anymore. People think they're entitled to take what they want, when they want it and screw everyone else.
Yes that is it. In my youth you wouldn't be seen in a shop even eating something you brought with you. Now it's all "instant" this and "fast" that. And shops tolerate it because otherwise they lose clients. So out of respect I choose not to do it as they're kinda between a rock and hard place unless they give express permission.

So the free tasters they supply at Makro is illegal to consume?
They supply free tasters at Makro? Alcohol can't be consumed in public and only on a licensed premises. Licenses are either for selling capped to the public or consuming on the premises but not for both. Make of that what you want. It's also why restaurants will uncap it for you so you can't take it with you.

Both of you are assuming that I'm giving in, rather than averting a crisis. And if you tell me your kids have never gotten bored in the shop, cried, or otherwise gotten shall we say 'difficult' I'm going to straight up call you a liar. Especially when they are under 5.
I've shopped with difficult kids before, that's the nature of kids. They didn't get everything they wanted. Guess what, next time they weren't difficult. Sometimes it takes as little as a washcloth to amuse a bored child. Stuffing them with the most basic human need shows little to no imagination.

I am not going to apologise for being a law-abiding citizen who has paid for everything I take from a shop. And categorising me in with the criminal element who walk into a shop with the express intent of stealing is discriminatory, biased, wrong, unfair and a whole lot of other adjectives.

You are all moralistic, that is given to making moral judgments, in a self-righteous or judgmental manner.
Yet you're not law abiding, not really. I couldn't care less about that. For me it's about respect for others. The people snacking in shops are mostly those who don't have them themselves and have to wonder if a customer is going to pay for something every time they see someone eating. It shows a blatent disregard for others.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's also why restaurants will uncap it for you so you can't take it with you.
And yet they're always happy for you to recap/cork an unfinished bottle of wine when you leave to take home.