Eating food off the shelf before paying – what Woolworths, Pick n Pay, and Spar have to say

Johand

Expert Member
So..... how are the grazers coping now that everyone has to wear a face mask whilst shopping?

:whistling::barefoot::popcorn:
Probably complaining it is impossible to a wear a mask when you go shopping. Saw an entire family with a kid munching away in PnP. Grandma wore her mask not covering her nose. No saving some people...

3WA

Executive Member
So..... how are the grazers coping now that everyone has to wear a face mask whilst shopping?

:whistling::barefoot::popcorn:
I don't eat before paying, but as soon as I'm in the parking lot my mask is off and I'm eating my croissant/ice cream/ salami stick.

Dan C

Honorary Master
...and then dance and drink and screw
I took her to a supermarket
I don't know why
But I had to start it somewhere
So it started there
I said, "pretend you've got no money"
She just laughed and said
"Oh you're so funny"
I said "Yeah?
Well I can't see anyone else smiling in here?
Are you sure"
You wanna live like common people

surface

Executive Member
Another pet hate, bags of wood, cases of cooldrink and bags of dogfood, stuck under a trolley, that both my customer and till operator "forget" to declare or charge for....
In areas of midrand shops, till operators seem trained for this. Perhaps you live in a area where everyone is honest.

surface

Executive Member
I'm sorry, ZoomZoom - but people do graze openly in stores and then neglect to pay. It happens. You're a good woman, but you could be one of those who gobble and then don't pay. Until the wrappers are actually disposed of, one can't tell the difference between you.
I don't personally like anyone grazing in the shops. It is not question of you paid for it or not. So many times, I find trolley handles are very sticky and it is mostly because of people munching on chocolates and stuff. (Of late this seems reduced, possibly because handles are being wiped clean often)

I am sure every one of mybb members takes extreme care while grazing but how do we tell the commoners outside mybb?

Last edited:

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
In areas of midrand shops, till operators seem trained for this. Perhaps you live in a area where everyone is honest.
More so a case of everyone knows everyone, across the entire demographic spectrum, At least 10 times a year I have returning customers declaring that they were not charged for something....

Shaun108

Executive Member
More so a case of everyone knows everyone, across the entire demographic spectrum, At least 10 times a year I have returning customers declaring that they were not charged for something....
Honest folk are few and rare here. I once had to go back to Pick N Spray to tell them they forgot to charge me for a pocket of 'tatoes and a bag of rice that was on the bottom rack of the trolley. The cashier actually said "Why you come back to pay money, you could just keep it". I declined to explain morals and just smiled and swiped.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Honest folk are few and rare here. I once had to go back to Pick N Spray to tell them they forgot to charge me for a pocket of 'tatoes and a bag of rice that was on the bottom rack of the trolley. The cashier actually said "Why you come back to pay money, you could just keep it". I declined to explain morals and just smiled and swiped.
I tend to agree with you, but feel that the folk on the platteland have more of a moral compass, but in all honesty if does give one a bit of faith in humanity still....