Ebay order Arrive at destination country post office 6 months ago

Mist4h20

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with post orders specifically ebay.

My items have all "arrived at destination country post office" 6 months ago yet no delivery note received.

Has anyone had this for over 6 months? Are there any suggestions about what I can do, I believe it is too late to charge back, I avoided requesting a refund on the basis of giving the post office a chance....sigh.

Contacted the post office they said they cant track a parcel that starts with "U"
"Tracking numbers that begin with “U” and wish parcels are not traceable on our system, kindly enquire with your local branch."

Checked with the local branch and they said they cant do anything either, any input is appreciated.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
had the same issue about 3 years ago.
all my ebay orders arrived at Jhb and then just sat there.
Lost about 20 parcels as i never had tracking numbers
Stopped using eBay and now only use Bid or Buy for cheap chinese whoflungdung fong kong stuff.
Always get my goods now

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Please elaborate? :) Step by step preferably
Walk in and say "Hi, you have a parcel of mine" they then start asking for SMS or whatever I say, sorry, you never sent it but you have my parcel. Then I just hang around till they either give me the files with all the parcels that came in and have not been collected or they start searching. I simply ignore their attempts to get me to leave the counter without them getting up and looking.

When they realise that I am willing to stand there and block the queue all day they go look.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
^ That'll work if the parcel is at your branch.
I think in OPs case it is still in Jhb at HQ and hasnt left for post office yet

Mist4h20

Walk in and say "Hi, you have a parcel of mine" they then start asking for SMS or whatever I say, sorry, you never sent it but you have my parcel. Then I just hang around till they either give me the files with all the parcels that came in and have not been collected or they start searching. I simply ignore their attempts to get me to leave the counter without them getting up and looking.

When they realize that I am willing to stand there and block the queue all day they go look.
I like the idea, however I only know for sure that the parcel arrived at the destination post office which is probably headquarters? Did you manage to get all parcels?

Mist4h20

had the same issue about 3 years ago.
all my ebay orders arrived at Jhb and then just sat there.
Lost about 20 parcels as i never had tracking numbers
Stopped using eBay and now only use Bid or Buy for cheap chinese whoflungdung fong kong stuff.
Always get my goods now
I might just use your advice, thanks man.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
I like the idea, however I only know for sure that the parcel arrived at the destination post office which is probably headquarters? Did you manage to get all parcels?
I did eventually.

It's a PITA but what else can you do.

btw, you can convert international tracking numbers to local ones...
pm me if you want the email addresses I have for them.

Arex

Something similar happened to me as well although not related to EBAY

I had a parcel sent from overseas to a Durban post office. The parcel left around August/September and I didn't receive any notice about it, I called in February (local branch and call centre) trying to track it but SAPO said they don't have it in their system so it must be stuck in customs or something. I checked with my overseas buddy to call the overseas post office that sent it and apparently its been in Joburg since August/September.

Eventually the parcel was let out and I received it towards the end of Feb. SAPO probably just left it in the corner in a warehouse and only when questioned they moved it.

Mist4h20

Sigh, I see some people have received packages over 8 months, but Chuckmyster lost a few parcels so I'm not sure whether to give up hope or keep waiting.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If SAPO is involved in the shipment at all, just give up on ever getting it.

I refuse to use SAPO and will only buy from entities that allow me to use couriers.

Nopt!c

Nevermind international deliveries, I received a local magazine in the post which was 6 months late. They simply need to focus on getting the basics right.

Nopt!c

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with post orders specifically ebay.

My items have all "arrived at destination country post office" 6 months ago yet no delivery note received.

Has anyone had this for over 6 months? Are there any suggestions about what I can do, I believe it is too late to charge back, I avoided requesting a refund on the basis of giving the post office a chance....sigh.

Contacted the post office they said they cant track a parcel that starts with "U"
"Tracking numbers that begin with “U” and wish parcels are not traceable on our system, kindly enquire with your local branch."

Checked with the local branch and they said they cant do anything either, any input is appreciated.
Post Office.png

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Nevermind international deliveries, I received a local magazine in the post which was 6 months late. They simply need to focus on getting the basics right.

Nah, overrated.. They will focus o PostBank instead.

Mist4h20

Okay I received all my ebay items after emailing them I was told to go follow up with my post office because it is non priority items, I went to the local post office gave them my details and they searched to no avail, the gentleman was kind enough to say that he would make a box for me and put my name on it and if anything came through he would give me a call, I thought this was just to get me out of there, a week or two later he calls me, I go there and all my items except one which I suspect wasn't shipped are ready for me, I really wonder how long it actually sits there, he still asked if I am sure they are mine because they are quite old, so they most likely received it a while ago and then for some or other reason I never received the letter to go pick them up.