ECG feature finally available for Apple Watch in South Africa on WatchOS 6.2.8

Gambit

Expert Member
I see Apple has finally enabled the ECG and irregular heart rhythm functionality on the latest WatchOS 6.2.8. Only took about 2 years, not bad. Now when are we getting apple pay?

Jacada

I almost fell off my chair when I saw SA on the list. Great news.

iWish

Let me know if anybody gets it. If it it works and if it is actually available.

ozziej

Yup, just tested it - and it works.
Seems like my heart is all good ;-)

Zephyr19

Mine doesn't work it still says its not supported in my region. Anyone else getting this?

jackman_za

Same here updated to 6.2.8 and iphone is on ios 14 public beta, but still not supported in my region. Any idea on how to get it working.

robfisher

I had the same issue last night but there is an update for the phone as well now. Bazinga it works and my heart is all good.

ozziej

Mine works fine with iOS 13.6 updated to latest this morning as well.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Bugger :ROFL: My old Apple Watch is too old, Series II and I am going to get a Garmin Fenix 6 hopefully soon.

byronrode

I see Apple has finally enabled the ECG and irregular heart rhythm functionality on the latest WatchOS 6.2.8. Only took about 2 years, not bad. Now when are we getting apple pay?

So, I am not sure if it is a bug, but I was able to start the Apple Pay setup process on iOS 14, but it said that my card issuer (Discovery Bank) has not enabled Apple Pay. Wonder if that is a sign of things to come?