eCommerce battle coming to South Africa

VQuest

Expert Member
I hope this works for them. If it means better service and competitive prices, I'm all for it. Especially good if it gives Kalahari a run for their money. Kalahari definitely needs a shakeup, their service is too terrible.

Agreed, earning ebucks would be a nice perk too.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Takealot's new site is crap. They just threw out all the awesome functionality of the take2 website and turned it into a kalahari or loot look alike. Unless they return the usability of the site I'll be using kalahari.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Takealot's new site is crap. They just threw out all the awesome functionality of the take2 website and turned it into a kalahari or loot look alike. Unless they return the usability of the site I'll be using kalahari.

Ditto.

cybershark

Expert Member

Agreed

william riker

ditto the ebucks..
i normally have about 5000 ebucks every 3 months...thats about R500 ..
not much but its nice for buying external drives and such when on sale.

if we could spend then at take2...excuse me, takealot, that would be great.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
I find wantitall so expensive I hardly browse that site anyway. looking forward to some competition.

warwickw

Expert Member
With that pathetic name there is no chance they will be taking on anyone...

adrianx

Expert Member
I don't care much for the other competitors, but I hope they annihilate Wantitall. In fact, I think the Consumer Protection Council* would agree. Wantitall seems to draw prices (not prizes) out of a hat - for most things.

*Edit: Maybe they are called the National Consumer Forum... or something else, but they are somewhere out there. :confused: :wtf:

Last edited:

louisvd

Like most, I shop around on line ...

Give me the item for the best price, with the best delivery time, and for the cheapest postage.

Kalahari just keeps hiking their postage rates and their minimum purchase price. Loot had a nice arrangement of a staggered discount initially. I find that most of my purchases end up with Loot. They have a good range, and their prices always seem to beat Kalahari's. However, they fall short on their website -- unless you KNOW what you are looking for, you may as well not bother -- they are not designed with the casual browser in mind.

I had never bought from Take2. Predominantly based on pricing/shipping. But I will remember them when I look for my next online item.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Like most, I shop around on line ...

Give me the item for the best price, with the best delivery time, and for the cheapest postage.

Kalahari just keeps hiking their postage rates and their minimum purchase price. Loot had a nice arrangement of a staggered discount initially. I find that most of my purchases end up with Loot. They have a good range, and their prices always seem to beat Kalahari's. However, they fall short on their website -- unless you KNOW what you are looking for, you may as well not bother -- they are not designed with the casual browser in mind.

I had never bought from Take2. Predominantly based on pricing/shipping. But I will remember them when I look for my next online item.

I feel the bolded part describes my feelings on take2's new website.