Economic View: White Farmers Are Not Land Thieves

antowan

Honorary Master
https://za.news.yahoo.com/economic-view-white-farmers-not-land-thieves-060440464.html

By Rabelani Dagada

As I was contemplating this opinion piece, I remembered the old adage; if you tell a lie several times, you may end up believing it. Moreover, some of your listeners may start to believe your lie. That’s exactly what happened in Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwean government and its governing party’s propaganda created an impression that white farmers owned most of the country’s farming land. This was not true; Zimbabwean white farmers only owned about 20 percent of the land. The Zimbabwean government portrayed white farmers as the author of poverty among blacks. Again, this was not true because there were actually thriving black farmers in Zimbabwe, but their participation in farming was disrupted when the land grabs destroyed the value chain and agri-business. The government sponsored land grabs in Zimbabwe exacerbated poverty in that country.

Midnight_choir_drunk

Expert Member

Black South Africans must rid themselves of the myth that they compete with white for the sole wealth in the country. If the country is to thrive we need to work as a collective to compete against other countries. We can never do that if we keep striking and carrying on obsessing about trying to bleed the last drops out of the "whites" who they perceive to be in control of all the wealth. That's simply not true anymore.

grok

Honorary Master
On the other hand, the government’s bad public policy and corruption are responsible for escalating poverty in SA.

This is exactly what we've been saying for a while now. ANC leaders are screwing up badly, but unfortunately whites don't have a voice anymore as everytime we say something we're painted with the racist paintbrush and no rational discussion takes place.

Problem is black political parties are stirring up race hate in order to stay in power so whites simply can't save this country anymore. Our fate is in the hands of blacks now, and I fear even as more of the majority is losing the blinkers the denail is simply too stong and wide-spread to halt the decline.

Midnight_choir_drunk

Expert Member
This is exactly what we've been saying for a while now. ANC leaders are screwing up badly, but unfortunately whites don't have a voice anymore as everytime we say something we're painted with the racist paintbrush and no rational discussion ...

I don't have this experience. I am frequently critical of the government and never called racist. I think it is more about something you are doing that gets you called racist. One of them for example is the fact that you are racist.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Chips are growing bigger and bigger. Reality check. The ANC are fekking SA up.