ECSA interview

krycor

Honorary Master
Good luck.. though, you likely have done all that’s needed so this would be like a date.. you already qualify unless you screw up haha.

Azg

Expert Member
Going for my ECSA professional interview soon.

What can I expect ? Feeling nervous
They concentrate on your report. It's like a technical job interview (only more detailed) so unless you seriously embellished your report you should be fine.

"Tell us about yourself" - to calm you down and to verify they are interviewing the person who wrote the report. "Take us through one major project that you worked on" - here you are being asked to give a professional presentation.

You may also be asked questions on the ECSA rules of conduct, CPD, contracts and definitely technical questions (based on your report) e.g. "how would you calculate ....?

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies people.

I will definitely tell you how it goes.This will be a turning point for my career(I hope),since I'm working in the consulting /EPCM environment.

Thank you for your replies people.

I will definitely tell you how it goes.This will be a turning point for my career(I hope),since I'm working in the consulting /EPCM environment.
Please post an update of your experience at the Professional Review if possible? How did it go? What types of questions were posed to you?

My interview will be conducted 03 May 2019 (I am Mechanical). I was specifically asked in the mail to prepare an interview, was it the same for you?

Thanks!

Please post an update of your experience at the Professional Review if possible? How did it go? What types of questions were posed to you?

My interview will be conducted 03 May 2019 (I am Mechanical). I was specifically asked in the mail to prepare an interview, was it the same for you?

Thanks!
Hi.

The interview was not bad.You will be required to sit in front of an interviewing panel of about three people.My interview as over one hour.Basically , you will be asked to give an overview of your experience.Then they will zoom in into your report.

Questions will come from your report e.g how did you calculate this or that, or what standards of compliance did you base your calcs, what was your main responsibilty , take us through one of two major projects you were in charge of.Also , you will be asked to give some items specified in the ECSA code of conduct because its not only the engineering but the ethics as well. So familiarize yourself with that before interview.

I received my Pr. approx one month after the professional review interview.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Congrats dude! Glad the hard work paid off!

My ECSA Pr status is about to get revoked because I haven't bothered paying my annual membership fees or filing CPD points.

Congrats dude! Glad the hard work paid off!

My ECSA Pr status is about to get revoked because I haven't bothered paying my annual membership fees or filing CPD points.
.Thanks a lot.ECSA are quite strict on CPD policy.But most firms ,including my employer , pay for our ECSA Pr annual fees

Voicy

Honorary Master
.Thanks a lot.ECSA are quite strict on CPD policy.But most firms ,including my employer , pay for our ECSA Pr annual fees
Yeah so did mine. I kept all of that updated while I still lived in SA. I'm coming up on 5yrs out of the country now and paid my ECSA/SAIEE out of my own pocket until last year when my SA bank account finally closed. I even went through the schlepp of registering foreign CPD points.

But since I'm not coming back, there's very little point in me forking out R7k each year. My CV shows I've attained it way back when, so that's all that's of any real world use atm.

Yeah so did mine. I kept all of that updated while I still lived in SA. I'm coming up on 5yrs out of the country now and paid my ECSA/SAIEE out of my own pocket until last year when my SA bank account finally closed. I even went through the schlepp of registering foreign CPD points.

But since I'm not coming back, there's very little point in me forking out R7k each year. My CV shows I've attained it way back when, so that's all that's of any real world use atm.
Yah there is no point in paying for it if you no longer in SA.I should be immigrating as well sometime next year