Eczema is killing me this year!

Suspect99

Executive Member
Go to a homeopath. I struggled during my teens and early twenties with Ezcema until I went to one when someone recommended him to me. He did a test with a snippet of my hair and told me what foods (which surprisingly included unprocessed foods so it's not just a matter of staying away from only processed foods) caused and aggravated my ezcema. He also told me I had an under active liver which didn't clean up the toxins in my body like it's supposed to and gave me herbal drops to use. I have been cured ever since. Find one who can tell you the actual food causing the problems and have your liver checked out.

Use it, don't use it.

The doctors are right about the long term uses. I was also on cortisones for years and it isn't good for you. This is my personal opinion, but I think it contributed to my eczema. Yes I got temporary relief, but over time I felt like it made my skin thinner than it was supposed to be and made it so sensitive that certain material of clothes made me feel like my clothes were filled with those tiny hairs on prickly pears. Although the itching would stop, the raw skin from scratching didn't heal either. It's relief now, but it's going to come back and bite you hard.

You need to stop using it and take my advice to srothman. Laugh here if you want to, but you have nothing to lose by going to see that homeopath. The only thing I have to say is I've only ever consulted one homeopath so I don't know if they all practice the same way or not.
sigh not this again. You went to a dietitian/ herbalist not a homeopath. Those are fine. My eczema disappeared when I stopped eating crap.
You are advising the OP to go to a conman who's going to give him sugar pills to drink.

KingBel

Expert Member
Also been struggling a bit this year.. have already scratched the skin raw behind my knees and inside my elbows. Then it spreads to my legs and arms, and slowly creeping up my lower back as well... incredibly uncomfortable...

PotatoGuardian

Go to a homeopath.
I'm sorry but this is the WORST advice that I have ever received. My aunt told me to do this and was the reason my eczema escalated to weeping. For those of you who don't know what that is, my eczema was weeping goo from everywhere. My clothes then stuck to my skin and had to wet it to get my clothes to detach from my skin. It was the worst thing I ever experienced!. It got to the point where it was getting infected and I had to go to a real doctor anyway.

dadecoza

Expert Member
I'm sorry but this is the WORST advice that I have ever received. My aunt told me to do this and was the reason my eczema escalated to weeping. For those of you who don't know what that is, my eczema was weeping goo from everywhere. My clothes then stuck to my skin and had to wet it to get my clothes to detach from my skin. It was the worst thing I ever experienced!. It got to the point where it was getting infected and I had to go to a real doctor anyway.
Ah man, this is how mine gets every now and then and that is what I was talking about when I said I do not wish it on anyone.

It really is the WORST. I was scared that my son will also get it. He is 4yo now and never had eczema, very happy about that!

PotatoGuardian

I was scared that my son will also get it. He is 4yo now and never had eczema, very happy about that!
I had it as a baby and then it went away because my mom said she used to hold my hands when I slept so I wouldn't scratch. It popped up again in Matric year and then it got really bad after homeopathy. Went on to conventional treatment after that and even though the weeping went away, was still pretty bad for about 9 years after that. Then I went gluten free and it's been gone for the last 2 years.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Ive tried a few creams, the one thing that made an immediate and lasting impact is the lamisil spray

Gezza

Expert Member
Pevisone cream!!!

I don't have eczema but do get a rash on my inner thighs from time to time. You need a prescription and it's expensive but GWD IT WORKS!
Don't shave down there so much...

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
There's no "one fix" you need a couple of ways to handle the different symptoms.

- Use proper moisturizing cream, I use Nutraderm
- Mylocort works pretty well for an over-the-counter option
- Use a sea-salt scrub now and then to get rid of dead skin and relieve itching
- Hot water in the shower (hot as you can handle) directly on the parts of your skin that have those really insane burning itches will provide instant relief, and does much less damage than scratching would
- Don't scratch
- for the uncontrollable flare-ups go to a doctor and get a cortisone shot and some proper cortisone cream

SaoirseB

Expert Member
sigh not this again. You went to a dietitian/ herbalist not a homeopath. Those are fine. My eczema disappeared when I stopped eating crap.
You are advising the OP to go to a conman who's going to give him sugar pills to drink.
Yes because you were there and know who I went to and what he prescribed for me and what he called himself. You know everything.

FFS. Stop talking kack.

And no, you don't have nothing to lose, you have money to loose, almost as much as a doctor's appointment. :rolleyes:
I'm giving my experience and opinion like everyone else on this thread. Like I said it's up to them to decide. They can chose to use the advice or not. I honestly don't care what your opinion on the matter is, so please stop shoveling it to me.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. None of the conventional doctors I ever visited helped me except to prescribe cortisones which only relieved the symptoms and didn't address the root cause. So what did the doctor prescribe for you and how was your eczema cured?

Last edited:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Yes because you were there and know who I went to and what he prescribed for me and what he called himself. You know everything.

I'm giving my experience and opinion like everyone else on this thread. Like I said it's up to them to decide. They can chose to use the advice or not. I honestly don't care what your opinion on the matter is, so please stop shoveling it to me.
GO to a homeopath is your advice?! :crylaugh: How about a chiropractic adjustment?

Suspect99

Executive Member
Wasting almost 30 mins of my life on this useless interaction with you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy
Homeopathy is not a plausible system of treatment, as its dogmas about how drugs, illness, the human body, liquids and solutions operate are contradicted by a wide range of discoveries across biology, psychology, physics and chemistry made in the two centuries since its invention.[7][13][14][15][16] Although some clinical trials produce positive results,[17][18] multiple systematic reviews have indicated that this is because of chance, flawed research methods, and reporting bias. Continued homeopathic practice, despite the evidence that it does not work, has been criticized as unethical because it discourages the use of effective treatments,[19] with the World Health Organization warning against using homeopathy to try to treat severe diseases such as HIV and malaria.[20] The continued practice of homeopathy, despite a lack of evidence of efficacy,[6][7][21] has led to it being characterized within the scientific and medical communities as nonsense,[22] quackery,[4][23] and a sham.[24]

PotatoGuardian

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. None of the conventional doctors I ever visited helped me except to prescribe cortisones which only relieved the symptoms and didn't address the root cause. So what did the doctor prescribe for you and how was your eczema cured?
Thanks. As i said in follow up responses, diet change has gotten rid of my eczema. Doctor prescribed things that alleviated the itching and the inflammation, not the root cause as you said.

This is not a personal attack and the difference between what other people are suggesting and what you are suggesting is that homeopathy can have a serious negative impact. Over the counter creams and stuff on the shelves, will not. Besides my own experience I also know of a few others (including the aunt that recommended it) whose eczema/allergies worsened with homeopathy.

Eczema is one of those things that can make people super desperate to try anything in the hope of finding a cure so I feel strongly about suggesting things like this than can have dire consequences.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Staff member
So this is what I have :(

It's super k@k! I only get it on my feet. This is the 2nd year. I thought I had athlete's foot last year but when it came back a couple of weeks ago I thought I had foot herpes or some schit...

rietrot

Honorary Master
Uhm, the criticism of homeopaths is generally that they offer water with substances so deluded that it does nothing. How did the magic homeopathic water make it worse?