Eczema is killing me this year!

biometrics

Honorary Master
Been getting it on a 5x5 cm spot on my torso since 2014. I was very stressed at the time. Last year, due to even worse stress, I got it on my hands, back, arms and torso. The itch will drive you insane. Cortisone does work fast but as mentioned earlier I've been told not to use it continuously. So I only use it when it's visible. When it's not I use Epizone A, which you can combine with Epizone E (but I don't). It's a moisturiser that you can get OTC: http://epizoneskin.co.za/our-products/dry-skin/

It tends to get worse in the Cape winter for me, apparently because the air is drier (which is counter intuitive). Does that mean that in places with high humidity, like Durban, people don't get it there or it's less severe?

Interestingly enough, when you get it on your limbs it will be symmetrical, i.e. on both arms/legs at the same spot.

Seems most people once they get it, they always get it. :(

Last edited:

PotatoGuardian

Uhm, the criticism of homeopaths is generally that they offer water with substances so deluded that it does nothing. How did the magic homeopathic water make it worse?
What I got was a powder substance so not too sure what was in it so can't really answer your question. I didn't get any water. It was idiotic of me to take it but at the time I was desperate.

I think what I remember (it was many years ago) was she said something about aggravating my allergies so that my body builds up immunity against it- something to that effect??

Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
Thanks. As i said in follow up responses, diet change has gotten rid of my eczema. Doctor prescribed things that alleviated the itching and the inflammation, not the root cause as you said.

This is not a personal attack and the difference between what other people are suggesting and what you are suggesting is that homeopathy can have a serious negative impact. Over the counter creams and stuff on the shelves, will not. Besides my own experience I also know of a few others (including the aunt that recommended it) whose eczema/allergies worsened with homeopathy.

Eczema is one of those things that can make people super desperate to try anything in the hope of finding a cure so I feel strongly about suggesting things like this than can have dire consequences.
The cause for the weeping is your scratching, not the water from a homeopath :p

PotatoGuardian

The cause for the weeping is your scratching, not the water from a homeopath :p
Yeah yeah yeah but I guess what I'm meaning is that the "angriness" of the eczema got worse. Like the itching feeling was amplified x1000 and it felt like things were constantly crawling on my skin

SaoirseB

Expert Member
Thanks. As i said in follow up responses, diet change has gotten rid of my eczema. Doctor prescribed things that alleviated the itching and the inflammation, not the root cause as you said.

This is not a personal attack and the difference between what other people are suggesting and what you are suggesting is that homeopathy can have a serious negative impact. Over the counter creams and stuff on the shelves, will not. Besides my own experience I also know of a few others (including the aunt that recommended it) whose eczema/allergies worsened with homeopathy.

Eczema is one of those things that can make people super desperate to try anything in the hope of finding a cure so I feel strongly about suggesting things like this than can have dire consequences.
I'm willing to listen to what you're saying, because you tried it before making your judgement. Even though it didn't help you, you had first hand experience. I had my positive experience which resulted in me being cured. I can't keep quiet about something that helped me if it can help someone else.

Here's the big thing for me. My parents and I spent more money going to conventional doctors over a number of years with no cure and I only had to go once to a homeopath for them to help me. Now I don't know whether it was the drops, as I do not know what they contained, or the advice to stay away from certain foods which cured me, but what I do know is none of the conventional doctors cured me. I believe it was a combination of everything he told me to do. In all the years I'd been visiting doctors none of them bothered to find the root cause. They all prescribed symptomatic relief. It took only one visit to get the right advice. The overall result is what matters to me.

Imagine if I had seen this thread back in the day first, I might never have visited the homeopath and might never have been cured.

What I got was a powder substance so not too sure what was in it so can't really answer your question. I didn't get any water. It was idiotic of me to take it but at the time I was desperate.
Everyone is harping on about homeopathy and the drops without knowing what my drops contained either.
As I mentioned previously which everyone seems to gloss over is he told me I had an underactive liver. He told me about foods I shouldn't eat and you can mock and say it's common knowledge, but it wasn't common knowledge enough for conventional doctors to tell me about it. Since the last discussion we had on this subject I scratched around and found a document he gave me at the time on cleansing my liver as I had liver stones due to it not working properly. I didn't have to have surgery to take them out as the document showed me how to do it naturally twice a year.

So in conclusion as I've said my piece on the subject:

The homeopath:
told me to change my diet to cut out processed and some unprocessed foods...this after analyzing what foods were not good for me.
told me I had an underactive liver and had to cleanse it twice a year
gave me the herbal drops to use.

Result: CURED.

Conventional doctors:
prescribed topical creams

Result: NO CURE.

I can understand you not trusting the recommendation as you had a bad experience, but I didn't. My experience was positive. At the end of the day, no one is forced to take my advice. Each person can decide what they want to do.

Tremayne

I used to have the worst eczema, I started using Epimax not the yellow lid tub the blue lid tub. It works really well. I use it everyday and you can get it from any store as you don't need prescription.

srothman

Expert Member
Don't shoot me - just the messenger ;-)

Just read this article and thought of this thread
No idea how reputable but have a look

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/29/mother-praises-miracle-3-99-cream-which-cured-daughters-painful-eczema-within-a-week-6742353/
I actually read this whilst sitting in the reception area waiting for the doctor to see me. Might keep an eye on this.

The doc again prescribed some cortisone and Dovate (both of which he has done previously and it worked), and also recommended OI keep using the E45, his words being "slather it on as much and frequently as you can".

maumau

Honorary Master
Try La Roche Posay Ap+ cream.

E45 was useless for me, it isn't absorbed into the skin.

srothman

Expert Member
Try La Roche Posay Ap+ cream.

E45 was useless for me, it isn't absorbed into the skin.
I'll give it a shot too, thanks. The E45 works ok, but like you say, it seems to not want to absorb as much as it should.

Last edited:

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Pevisone cream!!!

I don't have eczema but do get a rash on my inner thighs from time to time. You need a prescription and it's expensive but GWD IT WORKS!
That's jock rash. You can buy anti-fungal soap if you get tired of smearing creams on yourself

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'm willing to listen to what you're saying, because you tried it before making your judgement. Even though it didn't help you, you had first hand experience. I had my positive experience which resulted in me being cured. I can't keep quiet about something that helped me if it can help someone else.

Here's the big thing for me. My parents and I spent more money going to conventional doctors over a number of years with no cure and I only had to go once to a homeopath for them to help me. Now I don't know whether it was the drops, as I do not know what they contained, or the advice to stay away from certain foods which cured me, but what I do know is none of the conventional doctors cured me. I believe it was a combination of everything he told me to do. In all the years I'd been visiting doctors none of them bothered to find the root cause. They all prescribed symptomatic relief. It took only one visit to get the right advice. The overall result is what matters to me.

Imagine if I had seen this thread back in the day first, I might never have visited the homeopath and might never have been cured.

Everyone is harping on about homeopathy and the drops without knowing what my drops contained either.
As I mentioned previously which everyone seems to gloss over is he told me I had an underactive liver. He told me about foods I shouldn't eat and you can mock and say it's common knowledge, but it wasn't common knowledge enough for conventional doctors to tell me about it. Since the last discussion we had on this subject I scratched around and found a document he gave me at the time on cleansing my liver as I had liver stones due to it not working properly. I didn't have to have surgery to take them out as the document showed me how to do it naturally twice a year.

So in conclusion as I've said my piece on the subject:

The homeopath:
told me to change my diet to cut out processed and some unprocessed foods...this after analyzing what foods were not good for me.
told me I had an underactive liver and had to cleanse it twice a year
gave me the herbal drops to use.

Result: CURED.

Conventional doctors:
prescribed topical creams

Result: NO CURE.

I can understand you not trusting the recommendation as you had a bad experience, but I didn't. My experience was positive. At the end of the day, no one is forced to take my advice. Each person can decide what they want to do.
FFS. Your grandmother could have told you to change your diet :rolleyes:

As for the herbal drops. WTF. You seriously think that made any difference? :crylaugh:

I've known forever it's diet related, I'm just not prepared to make such drastic adjustments to my lifestyle. :rolleyes:

rietrot

Honorary Master
FFS. Your grandmother could have told you to change your diet :rolleyes:

As for the herbal drops. WTF. You seriously think that made any difference? :crylaugh:

I've known forever it's diet related, I'm just not prepared to make such drastic adjustments to my lifestyle. :rolleyes:
FFS. Not everyone has a grandmother clued up on all the old boererate.

How can you be against people actually seeking advice that would help them?

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/atopic-dermatitis-eczema

What Causes Eczema?

The exact cause of eczema is unknown,
"Real doctors" don't have a clue what they are doing in this case, they only treat the symptoms with creams and cortisone.
If you know it is related to diet, good for you, but lots of people don't. If they can get good advice by any alternative route on how to treat the underlying cause that's a good thing.
Be greatful that you have a clever grandmother.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
FFS. Not everyone has a grandmother clued up on all the old boererate.

How can you be against people actually seeking advice that would help them?

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/atopic-dermatitis-eczema

"Real doctors" don't have a clue what they are doing in this case, they only treat the symptoms with creams and cortisone.
If you know it is related to diet, good for you, but lots of people don't. If they can get good advice by any alternative route on how to treat the underlying cause that's a good thing.
Be greatful that you have a clever grandmother.
It's not boererate :erm: Anyway, go to your fokken homeopath if it makes you feel better, just STFU about it, they do no good. Those quacks often prescribe all sorts of supposed tonics and kack, even advising people to leave their medication for this, which can be life threatening.

But you go to your homeopath if you feel he helps you :rolleyes:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Anyway, go to your fokken homeopath if it makes you feel better, just STFU about it, they do no good.
Lol. Uhm did you miss the people that claim they did do good by offering them a proper diagnosis?
That's worth the money for most even if the medication does nothing.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
What I found pleasing in a strange and slightly embarrassing way is the almost orgasmic feeling you get when hot water hits the spot of eczema :eek: :crylaugh:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Have you guys ever tried using Moducare to see if it helps? Moducare seems to have good results when it comes to auto immune issues and bad allergies?