Eczema is killing me this year!

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Cannabis oil? Just heard someone on 702 say they used it and it cured their psoriasis.
You get cannabis cream as well, my wife uses it.
She used to lose her skin on her fingers, hands and behind her ears and neck from working with hair products.
Seems to be a thing of the past now. I hope so it's excruciating and extremely irritating.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You get cannabis cream as well, my wife uses it.
She used to lose her skin on her fingers, hands and behind her ears and neck from working with hair products.
Seems to be a thing of the past now. I hope so it's excruciating and extremely irritating.
My baby has the worst eczema. When it flairs up, she looks like a red lizard, I can't stand thinking about how much pain she must be in. We've tried everything recommended in this thread. Only corticosteroids work, but that's no long term solution. I'm getting desperate.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
My baby has the worst eczema. When it flairs up, she looks like a red lizard, I can't stand thinking about how much pain she must be in. We've tried everything recommended in this thread. Only corticosteroids work, but that's no long term solution. I'm getting desperate.
You should give it a try with nothing to lose then, who knows and hopefully it works.

marine1

Honorary Master
Cut out gluten and dairy.
Seriously ? Homeopath?
How these idiots are still allowed to prescribe whatever they do is ridiculous, spent thousands on this rubbish and never had a result.
Utter rubbish

biometrics

Honorary Master
I haven't tried changing my diet as it's not bad enough to worry about. But I want to point out that for some people like me it was caused by stress, which isn't so easy to avoid.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I haven't tried changing my diet as it's not bad enough to worry about. But I want to point out that for some people like me it was caused by stress, which isn't so easy to avoid.
Are you gonna give Moducare a try? Cant hurt? I am curious to see if it helps for it.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Seriously ? Homeopath?
Because here they don't practice strict homeopathy. You'll get someone that's referred to as a homeopath but then hey do a combination of herbal remedies some homeopathic stuff and some eastern/alternative remedies treatments.
And people go to them because normal doctors don't recommend the dietary changes you just did.

Eti1

Expert Member
Seriously ? Homeopath?
How these idiots are still allowed to prescribe whatever they do is ridiculous, spent thousands on this rubbish and never had a result.
Utter rubbish
You spent thousands on rubbish and the homeopath is the idiot?

SaoirseB

Expert Member
FFS. Not everyone has a grandmother clued up on all the old boererate.

How can you be against people actually seeking advice that would help them?

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/atopic-dermatitis-eczema

"Real doctors" don't have a clue what they are doing in this case, they only treat the symptoms with creams and cortisone.
If you know it is related to diet, good for you, but lots of people don't. If they can get good advice by any alternative route on how to treat the underlying cause that's a good thing.
Be greatful that you have a clever grandmother.
Yep. My dad had asthma and my youngest brother and I were the ones who inherited the worst of it along with food allergies. I outgrew the asthma and only get an attack under extreme stress. My brother still struggles with it, but it's getting less by the year.

SaoirseB

Expert Member
Did you see the link posted by aktiv? The article is from the UK so I don't know if they would have the cream here.

SaoirseB

Expert Member
Seriously ? Homeopath?
Utter rubbish
Why didn't you stop after the first thousand when it clearly didn't work for you?

maumau

Honorary Master
Definitely try the cannabis cream if nothing else works.

Kalle

1. cut anything with soy from the diet.
2. make some Milk-Kefir made from raw milk and give it to your baby REGULARLY; at least once a day.
3. same is for other fermented foods with LIVE bacteria and yeast ( so no pasteurized supermarket stuff! DIY is the best )
like: sauerkraut; kimchi; kombucha; pickles; beetroot; etc.

I've seen a few people going from very sick with rashes and allergies to vibrant and healthy with fermented foods.
But its no overnight cure; it'll take time; usually about 6 - 12 month.