Eczema is killing me this year!

RedViking

Nord of the South
I have completely cut out spices for a while. Even green peppers. My hands used to be very bad and moist areas.
I now eat spices now and then. It still itches now and then but not so bad inflammation anymore. Generally I stay away from curry and chillies and other strong spices :crying::(. I also realised the moist areas are not eczema but fungal, unlike what the dermatologist diagnosed it with. Since I started using anti-fungal cream it disappeared and healed. Now I just put on when I can feel it starting to itch again.

jman

Expert Member
I have completely cut out spices for a while. Even green peppers. My hands used to be very bad and moist areas.
I now eat spices now and then. It still itches now and then but not so bad inflammation anymore. Generally I stay away from curry and chillies and other strong spices :crying::(. I also realised the moist areas are not eczema but fungal, unlike what the dermatologist diagnosed it with. Since I started using anti-fungal cream it disappeared and healed. Now I just put on when I can feel it starting to itch again.
Hmm perhaps I should try that. What cream did you get, and did you need a prescription?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hmm perhaps I should try that. What cream did you get, and did you need a prescription?
Can just get it over the counter. I found A-Por Cream to work the best, but if they don't have just ask for an anti-fungal similar to A-Por cream. Sometimes it is referred to as vaginal cream, I guess it sells easier.

These are the main ingredients of A-Por, so look for something similar:

COMPOSITION:
Each 1 g of cream contains:
Clotrimazole
10 mg

It worked brilliant for me in the moist areas.

marine1

Honorary Master
In convinced there is something in the food we eat. GMOs etc that cause this my doc said he has never seen so many cases

RedViking

Nord of the South
In convinced there is something in the food we eat. GMOs etc that cause this my doc said he has never seen so many cases
Not only allergies to food. But stress and also trauma is part of it. Mine started when I had to take care of my father for 3 months, dying of cancer. It was very stressful, never-mind the horrible funeral service...... Since then I had issues with an allergy to anything spice.

marine1

Honorary Master
Not only allergies to food. But stress and also trauma is part of it. Mine started when I had to take care of my father for 3 months, dying of cancer. It was very stressful, never-mind the horrible funeral service...... Since then I had issues with an allergy to anything spice.
Yeah agree. Shot sorry about that im sure that stress could kill for sure

Method

Executive Member
Cannabis oil? Just heard someone on 702 say they used it and it cured their psoriasis.
I got myself some CBD oil. Will see if it helps my eczema. I have a lot of stress right now. Changing jobs for the first time in 13 years so I THINK that is the cause. I've never had it before and it's seriously bad right now. Elbows, neck and knees/lower legs.

I've tried a lot of the other remedies as well, except the fungal creams. Will try that as well.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I got myself some CBD oil. Will see if it helps my eczema. I have a lot of stress right now. Changing jobs for the first time in 13 years so I THINK that is the cause. I've never had it before and it's seriously bad right now. Elbows, neck and knees/lower legs.

I've tried a lot of the other remedies as well, except the fungal creams. Will try that as well.
Anti Fungal cream works for me (besides a diet and less stress)

Method

Executive Member
Anti Fungal cream works for me (besides a diet and less stress)
Yep, I want to look into my diet as well. It's completely new to me. This is the first time I've had it (started in Feb).

Cutting out soy and gluten is going to be sad...I'm vegetarian :crying::ROFL:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yep, I want to look into my diet as well. It's completely new to me. This is the first time I've had it (started in Feb).

Cutting out soy and gluten is going to be sad...I'm vegetarian :crying::ROFL:
Lol. I see i posted in this thread already....

For me it is spicy food. Sadly. I still have some now and then, just make sure I have antifungal cream in the house.

Method

Executive Member
Lol. I see i posted in this thread already....

For me it is spicy food. Sadly. I still have some now and then, just make sure I have antifungal cream in the house.
I saw yes. Old thread, but couldn't find a newer one. Some good advice here (except the homeopath one :sick:)

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
I saw yes. Old thread, but couldn't find a newer one. Some good advise here (except the homeopath one :sick:)
I don't believe in homeopathic remedies (the diluted magic water stuff), but some homeopaths have very good knowledge (the one that diagnose my wife anyways) in getting to the cause of the issue and what is triggering it.

goslowjoe

Don't shoot the messenger, but I have heard of people having long term success by going gluten-free
Absolutely! After struggling with eczema for may years, thousands of rands in medical treatment, changing my diet made the biggest change ever! The premise is basically this: whatever enters your system, and which your particular immune system does not agree with, is bound to reflect on the body's biggest organ, the skin, as the body tries to rid itself of the invader.

My best advice, by all means treat it externally, but see a dietician and find out what you are allergic to. You will not regret this decision, even if it will take time.

I am now exzcema-free, although the scars of years of cortisone creams will remain.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
As for Psoriasis, it is inflammatory. Buy yourself a packet of Cataflam and drink 3 a day. The Psoriasis will start clearing up in a few days. Diets, natural products, even most medicine currently used in SA will not work. They have not been treating the real cause of Psoriasis. There are currently specific tablets in the US which treats the inflammation that causes Psoriasis and it has a great success rate. Not sure when it will be available in SA.

https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpheart.00774.2016
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.116.026859

Asgard85

The skin is our largest organ and often the first to show signs something isn't right. Slathering creams on top may help treat the symptoms but it's possible that the cause is internal.

I have found that watching my diet, limiting inflammatory foods and taking an L-glutamine supplement has offered relief.