Eczema is killing me this year!

Asgard85

To be fair I started taking the supplement together with making a few lifestyle changes so I suppose I couldn't attribute the improvement entirely to it, but I noticed enough of a difference to then go a read up on it and some of the research seems to confirm a potentially positive link. So there is that.

goslowjoe

The skin is our largest organ and often the first to show signs something isn't right. Slathering creams on top may help treat the symptoms but it's possible that the cause is internal.

I have found that watching my diet, limiting inflammatory foods and taking an L-glutamine supplement has offered relief.
Agreed. As I mentioned earlier on, for many years my condition was treated atopically which tried to fix on the outside what should really have been fixed from inside. Starting the process is difficult - I had to virtually live on rice cakes for six weeks to allow the body to detox. Once that was done, the next step was to regularly keep track of what I ate, and which combinations would trigger another outburst. Today the exzcema is all but gone, but I still stay away from those gremlins that could upset things again.

Method

Executive Member
Agreed. As I mentioned earlier on, for many years my condition was treated atopically which tried to fix on the outside what should really have been fixed from inside. Starting the process is difficult - I had to virtually live on rice cakes for six weeks to allow the body to detox. Once that was done, the next step was to regularly keep track of what I ate, and which combinations would trigger another outburst. Today the eczema is all but gone, but I still stay away from those gremlins that could upset things again.
You mean it's all gone? :p

I've had weird rashes (doesn't seem to be eczema as it never goes dry) and been to 3 doctors and 1 dermatologist and none can help me. Having a Gluten intolerance test done this week to see if that might be the culprit. I hope it's not because I love gluten things (pizza and pies goddammit), but I also hope it is so that I can fix the damn rashes I have all over my neck and arms.

Polymathic

Honorary Master

I've had weird rashes (doesn't seem to be eczema as it never goes dry) and been to 3 doctors and 1 dermatologist and none can help me. Having a Gluten intolerance test done this week to see if that might be the culprit. I hope it's not because I love gluten things (pizza and pies goddammit), but I also hope it is so that I can fix the damn rashes I have all over my neck and arms.
Try an elimination diet

goslowjoe

Yes! Other than the skin damage, which probably will never completely heal, the effects of the eczema are gone. It is all about what we eat and drink, and to an extent external factors such as pollen. The solution is simple really: keep track of what you eat and drink and then check when you have flareups. Often it may be a combination of items consumed. Gluten is often a problem. Nope, it is not easy to let go of those things that we like, but when compared to the benefits health wise, for me having to drop items from me diet was the best thing I could do.

I am sure eczema suffered will agree - the worst effect from eczema is not just the itch, but the visible damage it causes and the embarrassment of being in public with a skin appearance that probably puts others off when they see it. For me it was my face and hands, the two parts of your body people first see (face) and probably touch (hands). Getting my eczema sorted out boosted my self-confidence.