Edcon employee dismissed for calling Jacob Zuma a 'monkey' in Facebook rant

ponder

Honorary Master
Then your free speech post is null and void and this is a consequence of being racist.

Free speech does not mean free from consequences.
The consequences are not criminal in nature. You are not going to be criminally prosecuted, fined and jailed by the state for calling someone a monkey, ni**er, k*ke etc. Unlike SA the state is not infringing on their right to freedom of speech.

The consequences are societal in nature as they should be.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
these f***ing stupid monkeys running our country
that stupid man we have to call a president... President my f***ing ass!!
Not really calling the turd a monkey is it .......

I laughed the other morning, the local news referred to the monkeys running a local council and instantly my brain went "ooh you in trouble now" before remembering where I was and people (most times) can use insults without automatic hatespeech/racism attached

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Not really calling the turd a monkey is it .......

I laughed the other morning, the local news referred to the monkeys running a local council and instantly my brain went "ooh you in trouble now" before remembering where I was and people (most times) can use insults without automatic hatespeech/racism attached
You never EVER call an African that! Is instant racism. #LiveWithIt

lsheed_cn

Expert Member
This wasn't recorded

Of course they appealed...
Look at the biased way its presented too -

A metro police officer and his two co-workers got fired for greeting his boss with “Good morning, mlungu,” while the boss who referred to him by the k-word got a slap on the wrist.
What kind of horseshit is that? Ah yes, an ANC owned "fair and impartial press".

From what I read about it, they cried raceeest despite being caught dead to rights.

Same guy survived being stoned a few years earlier.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Look at the biased way its presented too -

What kind of horseshit is that? Ah yes, an ANC owned "fair and impartial press".

From what I read about it, they cried raceeest despite being caught dead to rights.

Same guy survived being stoned a few years earlier.
You can blame the media for that. Bottom line is that they were fired.

Edit: About the stoning, there will always be that society of degenerates. Luckily he survived the attack.

Last edited:

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Edcon is Deadcon to me. ****ing Muppets.
One of these days, no one will be allowed to say anything.

atmosphere

What exactly is wrong about calling someone a monkey? If she said: "dogs running government"... Or "cat cats running government"... Perhaps "horses running government..."

Are these also wrong? What other animals are bad words? I call my daughter "my little monkey", should I be expecting her to sue me one day?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What exactly is wrong about calling someone a monkey? If she said: "dogs running government"... Or "cat cats running government"... Perhaps "horses running government..."

Are these also wrong? What other animals are bad words? I call my daughter "my little monkey", should I be expecting her to sue me one day?
The list mostly applies to the US (I think) but you'll probably find familiar words.

Eniigma

Expert Member
Unless the person mentions the company. no company should have the right to dismiss anyone of anything they say in private, on their personal social media or personal capacity, ever!

Someone can be the most racist hateful bigoted piece of **** on their personal social media. It has sweet fark all to do with their employer unless it's done on one of their official accounts or the person mentions they company in their post.

Edit: That all said, this person was an idiot for calling them monkeys, instantly discredits what they are saying in the eyes of most people. She should have just referred to them all as a bunch of idiots.