Education spend vs net family income.

What percentage is education of your families monthly budget?

• Total voters

Kosmik

Honorary Master
So all the school fee articles are coming out, interesting to see what percentage education accounts for in the ordinary family budget? Mine is around 11% for two children, one in government special needs and the other in private pre-school.

Please note I stipulated net income ( after tax ) as the comparitor as that is effectively the pool of money most folks have to allocate to education.

Norrad

Expert Member
My son's school fees for a private school are just under 10% of my income, but I chose the 11%-15% option as the extras such as trips and other supplies do add up.

Craig_

Honorary Master
I pay over 20% of my net income for basic schools fees every month. Then aftercare and all manner of other crap still has to be added.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
What it used to be or what it is now? I'm the last person studying, everyone else is working now.
Used to be:
~10% for 3 for school. 3x private, checking the fees now though, will be ~25% for equivalent if we were still there
university sister and brother went private, I was public: ~30%
Now: ~2-3%, not exactly sure, might even end up being negative as getting funding that is more than the degree.