EFF councillor in court over racist 'Tracy Zille' tweets

schumi

Honorary Master
The Equality Court in Louis Trichardt, Limpopo, on Tuesday began hearing the case against EFF councillor Anthony Matumba, who is alleged to have been behind a fake Twitter account used to spread disparaging, racist and harassing comments towards black women.

The matter is set down for the next three days.

The case against Matumba was brought by the SA Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) after it received complaints from a member of the public about comments made by someone using the alias @TracyZille on Twitter.

The Twitter handle emerged in June 2020 and had more than 30,000 followers when it was brought to the attention of the SAHRC. The account caused a storm after it posted tweets about the difference between white and black cultures. Other tweets pretended to offer “advice” from white people to other races.

“From a closer inspection, and after an expose in the media, it was reported the Tracy Zille account was, in fact, run by Anthony Matumba, a councillor from the Makhado municipality,” the SAHRC said.

More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...llor-in-court-over-racist-tracy-zille-tweets/

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Inb4 all the sycophants and simps arrive with their whataboutism counter attacks...

RedViking

Nord of the South
Twitter is a cesspit of racists and instigators who want to cause division and destruction and anyone can hide behind a fake personality. That platform lost its purpose and should be shut down.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Twitter is a cesspit of racists and instigators who want to cause division and destruction and anyone can hide behind a fake personality. That platform lost its purpose and should be shut down.
What was its purpose?

Priapus

Executive Member

I disagree. I use Twitter to follow a developer community. I've put filters and blocks on accounts and words that are racists, to do with government or anything political. Twitter is useful, once you clean out the garbage.

I even muted the words "loot", "looters" and "riots" from my timeline when the Jan 6 attack happened on US Capitol. That meant during our recent looting and riots - I saw literally nothing about it on Twitter.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I have no faith in our legal or justice system and I don't see much coming of this.

It's time to apply the law equally to ALL and get ALL racists to realize that they need to stop bleating and instigating.