EFF cries racism over poisoned tree in Cape Town suburb

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
20 is still more than the amount of idiots who pitched, which was 5, and 7 journalists.

a47f5c93ab88373ef82aec31fd1697e6.jpg

Oh yes. Spews 24 looking for clickbait and sending more journo's than there were protestors.

And it's June. The EFF aren't farmers and won't realise any fruit would have been vrot and fallen off the tree by now. And fruit doesn't grow well in Tokai either which has winter rainfall and dry summers.

Another EFF flash in the pan. Why haven't they been back to Afrikaner Brackenfell yet? Easier pickings in English speaking Tokai?

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Maybe the EFF should cry over the money blown by government, the eskom issue, service delivery , 1 fire truck in Jhb, cubans taking SA jobs, NHI, etc...

Nope.. they piss about a tree.

#keepfightingthegoodfighteff

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
Maybe the EFF should cry over the money blown by government, the eskom issue, service delivery , 1 fire truck in Jhb, cubans taking SA jobs, NHI, etc...

Nope.. they piss about a tree.

#keepfightingthegoodfighteff

That area is far from any poor black kids that might want to pick fruit and in a rich leafy suburb. Looks like the EFF are just looking to make an issue out of something as they need some publicity again. Why even report on rubbish like this Spew 24?

RedViking

Nord of the South
My neighbour wanted to do the same with the tree in front of my house. Said it attracts unwanted visitors. Told him to 'tsek. Can't help my family doesn't know how to use the front door.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Those neighbours sound like real tw@ts.

And who cares if people are picking the fruit? We had a peach tree that hung over the wall and every now and then you'd see some movement as the branches were being pulled down from the other side. My parents never batted an eyelid. Sometimes people would even knock on the gate and ask if they could have some peaches because the branches overhanging the wall had been picked clean, so we would go pick some for them. We couldn't eat them all and most would rot on the ground, so why not let others have some?

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Poisoning a tree is an asswhole thing to do.
The owner could have cut it down, thats still bad, but then the EFF couldn't call it racism.

Norrad

Expert Member
Neighbours can be such a-holes sometime. I still have pictures of what my dad's neighbour did. He came onto my dad's yard then cut my dad's tree because he was scared there were snakes maybe in it. So yip cut down a MILKWOOD tree. Whats worse it was the Cape Town City Council that went onto my dad's property and then cut down the MILKWOOD tree. If you didnt know they were endangered. And alas no snakes.

Then my dad removed his grass around the edges of his garden and planted fynbos. The same neighbour came with weed killer and killed all the fynbos proteas etc that my dad planted. Nope the neighbour who could see into my dad's yard felt my dad shouldnt have a garden. Just grass.

So it doesnt shock me if the neighbour poisoned the tree. Some people are just morons.
Milkwoods aren't endangered though. They are just listed as protected trees because they stabilize the ground in sandy dune environments. I have loads of them growing in my garden and would love to cut a few down, but I need to apply for permits for each one. The guy across the road just removed four from his property without permits because he works for the municipality :rolleyes:

ps. My Milkwoods do have a ton of boomslangs in them during the summer months.

Going off-topic a bit there, but poisoning any tree is a dick move, especially with a productive fruiting tree. But crying racism over it is idiotic.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Oh yes. Spews 24 looking for clickbait and sending more journo's than there were protestors.

And it's June. The EFF aren't farmers and won't realise any fruit would have been vrot and fallen off the tree by now. And fruit doesn't grow well in Tokai either which has winter rainfall and dry summers.

Another EFF flash in the pan. Why haven't they been back to Afrikaner Brackenfell yet? Easier pickings in English speaking Tokai?
images.jpg