EFF cries racism over poisoned tree in Cape Town suburb

diesel

Expert Member
Doesnt matter if its the truth or some made up bull , they will create their own narrative and use it to get publicity.

dj2381

Expert Member
Maybe just a thought, I often see the council spray poison on the verges to kill weeds, I'm not saying it is but it's also a possibility.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Have not seen a guava tree in years. Yummeeee!
Some of the common plants listed include jacaranda, Brazilian pepper and African Flame trees, guavas, granadillas, kikuyu grass, several types of cactus plants, Indian shot (canna) and sword ferns.

Paul Kemp

It yields a harvest of not hundreds, but thousands of guavas.

Arthur, Resident - Tokai
From the article which says the tree is probably 80 years old.
I’d guess it’s the Fan Retief variety brought to the Cape via Madeira.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Milkwoods aren't endangered though. They are just listed as protected trees because they stabilize the ground in sandy dune environments. I have loads of them growing in my garden and would love to cut a few down, but I need to apply for permits for each one. The guy across the road just removed four from his property without permits because he works for the municipality :rolleyes:

ps. My Milkwoods do have a ton of boomslangs in them during the summer months.

Going off-topic a bit there, but poisoning any tree is a dick move, especially with a productive fruiting tree. But crying racism over it is idiotic.
Fek that, just cut them.
Literally who is monitoring your yard lol

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
Fek that, just cut them.
Literally who is monitoring your yard lol

Your neighbours. You're not a Cape Town resident obviously. Cut down any protected plant in CT or drive over fynbos and see what happens to you.

Chingha

Expert Member
http://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/...-poisoned-after-he-allowed-kids-to-pick-fruit

Cape Talk article which is referenced tells a little more. Arthur sounds like a good chap, his neighbours, not so much.
EFF obviously doing EFF stuff, meh.
No, no he isn't.

Long history of trolling, had his walls covered in, what I consider defamitory, hand made signs, rumours of running what could be called unsavory businesses and ironically, cutting down neibours trees obscuring his view.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Your neighbours. You're not a Cape Town resident obviously. Cut down any protected plant in CT or drive over fynbos and see what happens to you.
No clue where you people live that your neighbours stick their nose in your business lol

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
No clue where you people live that your neighbours stick their nose in your business lol

Cape Town people look after the rarest flower kingdom in the world. There are more species of unique plants on Table Mountain alone than in the British Isles. If you lived there, you would look after it too. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Cape Town people look after the rarest flower kingdom in the world. There are more species of unique plants on Table Mountain alone than in the British Isles. If you lived there, you would look after it too. Once it's gone, it's gone.
Sure-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg

Oh ffs, I forgot I'm talking to the arborist.
I remember you being highly annoyed when those trees were cut for that billboard.

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
Thread title could just say EFF cries racist, no one gives a crap on why. They're forever crying racist this and racist that. While being just as bloody racist as those they are complaining about.