EFF MPs resign after receiving cash from Ramaphosa campaign

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
EFF MPs Nkagisang Mokgosi and Tebogo Mokwele have resigned from parliament and the party's central command team in the wake of a scandal involving funds from president Cyril Ramaphosa's campaign for the ANC presidency.

In similarly-worded statements issued on Monday night, the two MPs said they would also not stand for election to any party leadership position - in Mokwele's case for the next five years, and Mokgosi "for the foreseeable future".

"My decision is based on the fact that I did not disclose the nature of my relationship with the ANC president Cyril Ramaphosa which involved an exchange of money," Mokgosi said.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
It sure doesn't sound all kosher to me, but if CR hadn't "done what it takes", we'd be stuck with Zupta's dirty ex-mattress.

More understanding why the shock and surprise on the faces of the Zuptoids when it was announced that CR had won.

dj2381

Expert Member
I smell a conspiracy, mainly because putting EFF and honesty in the same sentence doesn't work.

Acid0

Expert Member
Ok so they were happy with the money untill it came out now they want the high ground and resign ...... I swear.

And if anywhoo if this cant be proven that CR gave them the money they need to be arrested for false allegations

thechamp

Honorary Master
He bought that election. Simple as that. The guy with the most money won. It had nothing to do with wanting to fight corruption and whatnot.
But why? Buying an election while having noble intentions is also a thing.

R13...

Honorary Master
He bought that election. Simple as that. The guy with the most money won. It had nothing to do with wanting to fight corruption and whatnot.
By that definition all elections are then bought.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What did the EFF member have to do with Cyril winning the ANC elective conference?

surface

Executive Member
You obviously meant Koos bought jamnadas and jamnadas bought election for CR. I am nitpicking of course but it is best to set record straight.