EFF MPs resign after receiving cash from Ramaphosa campaign

schumi

Honorary Master
Malema hails EFF’s ‘hardworking female cadres’ who received CR17 payments

Tebogo Mokwele and Nkagisang Mokgosi stepped down as MPs but remained members of the party.
In the early hours of Wednesday morning, Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema issued an expression of support for Tebogo Mokwele and Nkagisang Mokgosi, the two EFF MPs who stepped down from their parliamentary positions after admitting to each receiving R80,000 from President Cyril Ramaphosa’s successful campaign for the ANC presidency.
Describing the pair as “hardworking female cadres of our movement”, he added that “this too shall pass” and ended with the Spanish saying “Hasta la victoria siempre” (“Until victory, always”), a well-known slogan of South American revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara.
Malema’s party released a statement on Tuesday which sought to spin the recent revelation of two of its party’s receiving money from the “the enemy camp” as a victory for the revolution.
According to the party, “the manner in which they have accepted blame and taken responsibility leaves the image of our movement in an even stronger position”.
While expressing “disenchantment” over the loss of “two hard-working women [sic] cadres”, the party also “applauds” the pair for “taking responsibility” by way of their confessions and by “giving up their positions of leadership”.

More at:

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
You are complaining too much Foreigner. #LiveWithIt.
@bwana Why are you allowing thechamp to make insulting one-liners and use hashtag while you tell me not to?
Ramaphosa dug his own grave. I saw him for what he is from the word go. Yes, he might be the best of all the evils out there but that does not make him an engel. Honestly, the ANC comrades can laugh and call me all they want, I will keep on posting my opinion till you ban me.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
@bwana Why are you allowing thechamp to make insulting one-liners and use hashtag while you tell me not to?
Ramaphosa dug his own grave. I saw him for what he is from the word go. Yes, he might be the best of all the evils out there but that does not make him an engel. Honestly, the ANC comrades can laugh and call me all they want, I will keep on posting my opinion till you ban me.
#sobadsosad...

hungrymamba

This is not fair... Exposing transactions that have nothing to do with the campaign. Respect people's privacy. We all need a hand every now and then

konfab

Honorary Master
a well-known slogan of South American revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara.
LOL

As for Guevara’s views on race, he did not mince words. After the Revolution’s victory in 1959, he famously said, “We’re going to do for blacks exactly what blacks did for the revolution. By which I mean: nothing.”
And no, it wasn’t just hard feelings over how Cuban blacks had supported the biracial dictator Fulgencio Batista. With Guevara it was more of a conviction, as we can glean from another quote. Speaking of blacks he said: “The ***** is indolent and lazy, and spends his money on frivolities, whereas the European is forward-looking, organized and intelligent.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/el-che-the-crass-marketin_b_1199252

thechamp

Honorary Master
This is not fair... Exposing transactions that have nothing to do with the campaign. Respect people's privacy. We all need a hand every now and then
The EFF has been quite desperate of late, lying and slander has become their way of politics, remember Pravin's offshore accounts and businesses? being sued after manufacturing stories about Trevor and that SARS guy? this is how they roll.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The EFF has been quite desperate of late, lying and slander has become their way of politics, remember Pravin's offshore accounts and businesses? being sued after manufacturing stories about Trevor and that SARS guy? this is how they roll.
Very much so.... I would think certain of their very senior members are hellbent on trying to stay out of the courtroom for the corruption they willingly involved themselves in... and the only way they can do that is to lie..

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Very much so.... I would think certain of their very senior members are hellbent on trying to stay out of the courtroom for the corruption they willingly involved themselves in... and the only way they can do that is to lie..
The EFF will be your rulers in a few decades. You better get used to the idea. The ANC has destroyed South Africa and the EFF will put it all in the coffin. Live with it.

technofool

After being reminded about the corruption in every political party I feel we desperately need, more than ever, our very own Donald Trump on steriods to drain our septic political swamp. Politicians throughout Africa are horribly malignant.

TysonRoux

Expert Member

schumi

Honorary Master
EFF MPs lied about payment from Ramaphosa – Malema

Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema has for the first time accused two EFF MPs who received money from President Cyril Ramaphosa of lying about when they received the money and what the money was to be used for.

Both Tebogo Mokwele and Nkagisang Mokgosi had to quit their positions as MPs last month after the EFF discovered that they had received money from the CR17 account, following the leak of Ramaphosa’s records as a result of the Public Protector’s investigation.

Mokwele and Mokgosi released their resignation letters at the time, admitting that they had accepted the money from Ramaphosa.
At the time, the EFF cordially accepted their resignations and refrained from casting aspersions on their behaviour.

EFF Deputy President Floyd Shivambu accepted the resignations, saying they represented “superior levels of political discipline, and they accept objective and subjective wrongdoing and step aside for the sake of the organisation”.

However, on Monday night during an interview with Newzroom Afrika, Malema questioned the timing of the deposits, stating that the funeral happened in April but Ramaphosa had already started sending money to Mokwele from 2017.

Malema said: “A person in the EFF says he [Ramaphosa] gave me money because I had a funeral in April. My aunt was shot with her husband and they both died, I sent messages to everyone, Ramaphosa responded and said “give me the account number and I did exactly that in April”.

Malema said even after he asked for the truth, he was told lies.
More at: https://city-press.news24.com/News/eff-mps-lied-about-payment-from-ramaphosa-malema-20190903

thechamp

Honorary Master
The best way to deal.with this is for everyone in the EFF to declare the source of monies received. From the Commander in Chief down to the lowest ranked member, I wanna see something.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
And here we see the narrative start changing... I'm giving it a week at most before the accusations of CR buying politicians coming out.

surface

Executive Member
The best way to deal.with this is for everyone in the EFF to declare the source of monies received. From the Commander in Chief down to the lowest ranked member, I wanna see something.
Currently, there is no mechanism which will force any political party to do this. It has to be done across all the political parties though so chances of that happening are practically nil.