EFF rejects Maria Ramos appointment to PIC board

yebocan

Executive Member
The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) have rejected the appointment of former Absa CEO to the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) interim board, claiming she won’t be able to defend the interests of public servants.

“Maria Ramos will unavoidably be conflicted and will certainly not defend the interests of government employees on the PIC board, as she has direct relationships with the companies she served as a director in.”
https://www.fin24.com/Companies/Fin...maria-ramos-appointment-to-pic-board-20190710

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The EFFascists just up to their usual stuff.

The EFF also described Ramos's appointment as a “perfect sign” that President Cyril Ramaphosa has “no interest in changing the status-quo” - also questioning if there were no "capable men and women, black women in particular, who could have been put in the place of Maria Ramos".

She is going to the PIC to ensure that it continues to invest in white business which she has always served.”
whiteybad.pdf

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Julius has never read the AA/EE definitions.
The EFF also described Ramos's appointment as a “perfect sign” that President Cyril Ramaphosa has “no interest in changing the status-quo” - also questioning if there were no "capable men and women, black women in particular, who could have been put in the place of Maria Ramos".

Tander

Executive Member
Anytime a non black person is put into a senior position in government; the EFF throws it's toys out the cot.

I never knew she was white. Reading the articles through the years I thought maybe she was Mozambican or Angolan.

Sensorei

Expert Member
It also doesn't help to win support from the EFF considering she's married to Trevor Manuel, who is suing the EFF.

R13...

Honorary Master
This is simply because she is a white person. That's all.
I think the racism is pretext. The EFF prefer the kind of oversight Zuma and his zuptoids maintained. While the Zumas and his cronies stole everything not bolted down the EFF leadership also benefitted from all that chaos and they'd prefer it continued or at least no one's appointed they can't influence. Influence to overlook their previous involvement and/or allow them the same access as before.

konfab

Honorary Master
I never knew she was white. Reading the articles through the years I thought maybe she was Mozambican or Angolan.
She is Portuguese, which pretty much makes her non-white :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Ramos was born in Lisbon, Portugal, on 22 February 1959, the oldest of four daughters.[5] Her parents emigrated to Mozambique and then South Africa in the mid 1960s in search of better opportunities. Ramos was six when her family began their new life in Vereeniging, about 58 kilometres (36 mi), by road, south of Johannesburg.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Ramos