EFF thrown out of Gordhan budget vote address after tense standoff

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I recall exactly the otherwise. None of them were secret ballots but I will try to find information when I can. But imagine if all the conscientious guys voted against zuma back then - would CR be in power? Would PG be in cabinet? It is politics - you need to dance with the wolves.
I think the last one was secret ballot.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Yes, he stayed with them and even voted against the various motions to remove Zuma. He's a politician and knows to effect change you have to be part of the ANC instead of getting pointlessly expelled just for posture value and then having the ANC carrying on looting as they were. Elementary my dear Watson.

As an aside, a lot of people who bemoan the ANC members and their toeing the party line are themselves just as inflexible in the ideologies they support. They'd be just at home as party apparatchiks in most ideologies. How ironic that you can deride PG while you yourself are as close minded and inflexible as any soviet party loyalist or ANC cadre.
Close minded and inflexible? From the generation that effectively ended apartheid by voting against our own government.

Lol keep telling yourself that, sonnyboy..

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'll take anything the PP disagree with as correct. That's an own goal.
Indeed
How many motions of no confidence did Zuma face and how many were decided by secret ballot?
All of them?

I recall exactly the otherwise. None of them were secret ballots but I will try to find information when I can. But imagine if all the conscientious guys voted against zuma back then - would CR be in power? Would PG be in cabinet? It is politics - you need to dance with the wolves.
I think they all were.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
To the best of my knowledge, all motions of no confidence are a secret ballot.
I'm afraid you're wrong.
The most recent motion that happened on 8 August 2017 had an intriguing subplot that secured the first secret ballot. The Speaker made her decision on Monday 7 August and despite the efforts by the opposition parties, theANC defeated the motion with a 198-177 majority vote.
https://pmg.org.za/blog/infographic-motions-no-confidence-zuma-years

ambroseg1

Executive Member
Aaai. While I like your style, I think we both know her "suggestion" had less weight than the results of a Julius Malema IQ test.

Gordhan is going balls to the wall to help our country. My opinion of course. But I struggle to understand how anyone who is not pro SA doesn't see that.
Balls to the wall? Voting for Zuma in 7-8 no confidence votes. Balls to the wall? Really?

thechamp

Honorary Master
To all those harping on about Gordhan, what benefit are we getting from the principled stance of Makhosi Khoza?

thechamp

Honorary Master
You can be realistic about this. There is no need to pretend Gordhan is a god.
I never did, you are the one who accused him of things.

And again what you have just said sounds like something that would come out Floyd's mouth, it's just amazing.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I never did, you are the one who accused him of things.

And again what you have just said sounds like something that would come out Floyd's mouth, it's just amazing.
Lol amazing how it confuses you that I didn't pick a tribe to support, and can remain neutral. I just want what's best for SA and for me.

If that means I sould like floyd, i don't care. That criminal still needs to go to jail for his role in the VBS fraud.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Lol amazing how it confuses you that I didn't pick a tribe to support, and can remain neutral. I just want what's best for SA and for me.

If that means I sould like floyd, i don't care. That criminal still needs to go to jail for his role in the VBS fraud.
What amazes me the most is that you think it's okay to accuse Gordhan of theft without any shred of evidence and later claim that I am making him out to be some God, you really don't see how similar that is to the EFF way of doing things lately?

There is absolutely nothing neutral about accusing someone of theft without evidence, perhaps neutral in Rietrot's world.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Bunch of ****ing savages. Sies, to think those animals have a say in the way this country is run.
No wonder it is the **** hole it is now.