EFF visits restaurants to see gap between how many foreigners, South Africans hired

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
It isn't oversight when you have no mandate to do anything with it.. If I gave Malema a treasure trove of information with all sorts of nasty stuff in it about my business, its not oversight its just me handing over information. Malema's oversight function would be over the DoL (or relevant public organ of state) actually doing their legally mandated job.

And even if he setup the meeting, the private party is well within their rights to cancel the meeting even 30ms before it is meant to happen, and there is sweet FA he could do about it.

The guy even says that when the EFF requested a meeting yesterday they said they were not in a position to give them one and that they had drafted them a letter of response, Malema refused to accept the letter.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
We can use his visit as an example... the facts don't change.

No MP can just arrive at a private business and demand information or do "oversight". It is not within their remit, finish and klaar.

They can arrange a meeting, and ask nicely and thats where it stops until such time as Parliament issues a summons.
Judge Dredd Malema...

TheChamp

Honorary Master
What oversight?

Does any member of parliament have the right to enter any private property and demand to see "insert item here" for parliamentary oversight?

Assefokkenblief! That is a 1st! If the EFF had wanted to do things correctly, they would have had a an official of the Labour Department present as part of the EFF delegation.

Methinks the EFF is running empty on the bank accounts and need to extort some "specific" businesses for some cash just like they did with H&M and Clicks
Whether you accept it as oversight or not is irrelevant to the point.

What I said is that I think he has a loophole in passing this as oversight, regardless of what his intentions were initially, people were saying he must be part of a parliamentary committee to can perform oversight, that is obviously not true as the facts that I have provided do support my view that individual oversight is a thing. Some are saying oversight can only be done on state entities, I am saying I also disagree with that notion, and I have stated why.

As I said oversight is not necessarily about barging into a man's home or property and demanding things. I don't know why you are telling me the correct way of doing things because what I am arguing is not that the EFF did things correctly or not.

Howdy

Expert Member
Bugger off you complete flip floppers...

Private business on private property?

roa.jpg

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

What I said is that I think he has a loophole in passing this as oversight, regardless of what his intentions were initially, people were saying he must be part of a parliamentary committee to can perform oversight, that is obviously not true as the facts that I have provided do support my view that individual oversight is a thing. Some are saying oversight can only be done on state entities, I am saying I also disagree with that notion, and I have stated why.

As I said oversight is not necessarily about barging into a man's home or property and demanding things. I don't know why you are telling me the correct way of doing things because what I am arguing is not that the EFF did things correctly or not.
But he doesn't have a loophole.. He has no right of oversight in a private business... He can bring his oversight to bear on the DoL to then do their job and that's where it ends.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

You are wrong. Actually most of the time you are wrong. You are like Zuma with courts.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
He does not know what he is looking for, his only problem is that he wants to nullify the presence of ActionSA in the township, that's what this stunt was all about.

Supervan II

Expert Member
I cordially invite the CIC, His Majesty Julius Malema to do an "oversight visit" on any Chinese Mall/business where he would find that none of the staff can even understand English, never mind speak it.

Oh, and strangely, there is never any swipe facility to pay by card, how convenient.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
What a flip flop this POS is.

He changes his mind like nobody I know.

Needs to be exterminated

Howdy

Expert Member

"white arrogance" lmao :ROFL:

There it is ...

”If you are doing that I will have to call more people to come and join me here. You are not only putting your business at risk now, you are going to affect everybody,” Malema said.

I believe that's called a threat.