EFF visits restaurants to see gap between how many foreigners, South Africans hired

The Voice

Honorary Master
Spent 5 years as the GM of a restaurant.

South Africans applying for waitering jobs slouched through the front wearing jeans, t-shirts, and always chewing gum. One literally said, picking her nose, “I want job”.

Zimbabweans applying for waitering jobs were always smartly dressed, polite, well-spoken, with CVs in hand.

Guess why my front of house staff were 100% kwere-kwere?

Back of house was majority South African, and all locals were unionised, and some were extremely difficult to work with, often causing trouble with the foreigners.

Restaurants aren’t hiring local because they’re crap for customer-facing roles that require clear communication, a friendly demeanour and a “good service” attitude.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Here, Unhappy guy will note there is no MEC or Minister as part of the delegation.

Note that that was:
the Portfolio Committee on Labour
Who were empowered by parliament for that purpose, it was not any random MP that felt like it doing an inspection.

Stop with trying to prove that what Malema did was justified, it was not, he has no right to do the action he did and should be sanctioned for it.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Note that that was:

Who were empowered by parliament for that purpose, it was not any random MP that felt like it doing an inspection.

Stop with trying to prove that what Malema did was justified, it was not, he has no right to do the action he did and should be sanctioned for it.
Even as a committee, very dodgy grounds to go to a workplace unless under the auspices of a labour inspector etc. They can quite rightly be denied entry.

ponder

Honorary Master
Here, Unhappy guy will note there is no MEC or Minister as part of the delegation.

That's an official portfolio committee, legally established under the constitution. Malema is not a portfolio committee.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
That's a giant step forward from the claims that they are only allowed to do oversight on state organs. The MEC was there which is fine but it does not mean they could not conduct the oversight without her if that's what you are suggesting.

They can try but they have zero power to compel a business to entertain them.

They were not acting in any official status but just there for cheap political points.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master

It’s not OK for political parties to perform inspections on restaurants.

This was the line drawn by the department of employment and labour on Wednesday after EFF leader Julius Malema visited restaurants in Mall of Africa in Midrand, Gauteng, to check if the ratio between South Africans and foreign nationals was balanced...

You should just stop already

surface

Honorary Master
He does not know what he is looking for, his only problem is that he wants to nullify the presence of ActionSA in the township, that's what this stunt was all about.
Indeed. Stunt was done in MoA in waterfall area where small stands easily go for 3 million and above. Showed those rich people the finger I suppose.

On that note, I am not too far from waterfall. #justsaying

cavedog

Honorary Master
While I don't agree at all what the EFF is doing they have a point.

Zimbabweans is a problem.

Some say they want to work. Well yes if you come from a situation where there is nothing left for you you are willing to work any type of job for any salary and that is the problem. Business owners know this. A Zimbo will work for any rate no matter the type of work and that creates an enviroment where exploitation can take place.

Personally I think the only reason why Zimbabwe didn't completely collapse is because of South Africa. We suppy their citizens with work in SA and they take that money back home and that sustains their economy. It's not fait to South Africans with an almost 30% unemployment rate.

blah99

Expert Member
4abd8aeccdf8e11a572be131ae63717f.jpg

surface

Honorary Master
Zimbabweans is a problem.
Yes, They are forcing all the south african residents to give them employment at gunpoint. Also, Seffricans being of meek & gentle nature are absolutely helpless here.