EFF visits restaurants to see gap between how many foreigners, South Africans hired

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
4abd8aeccdf8e11a572be131ae63717f.jpg
Exactly this

Flip flop malema is a POS

RiaX

Executive Member
This is a global trend, look at UK, flooded with eastern Europeans, USA flooded with Mexicans, UAE flooded with Indians/Paki's etc.

Same story different countries.

The UAE is a bit of an exception though. The Emirati don't work all their labour is outsourced

RaptorSA

Executive Member
"This is a problem because when our people fight in the townships and there are cases of black on black violence, these owners are not affected because they are sitting comfortably in their suburban homes."

So nothing but an attempt at showing power and clearly an attempt to route some of the energy, desperation, anger and xenophobia towards whites.

Phucking cowards also know how to pick their battles. Middle-class white suburbia has the biggest chance of caving in to this tos.

That twitter video has me thinking about just how much money I'd actually pay to have 10 mins with that d00s's face and a panga.

Gary Waterworth

Expert Member

Howdy

Expert Member
While I don't agree at all what the EFF is doing they have a point.

Zimbabweans is a problem.

Some say they want to work. Well yes if you come from a situation where there is nothing left for you you are willing to work any type of job for any salary and that is the problem. Business owners know this. A Zimbo will work for any rate no matter the type of work and that creates an enviroment where exploitation can take place.

Personally I think the only reason why Zimbabwe didn't completely collapse is because of South Africa. We suppy their citizens with work in SA and they take that money back home and that sustains their economy. It's not fait to South Africans with an almost 30% unemployment rate.
No South Africa is the problem.

Why does South Africa have this open doors policy. In any sane country, there is a form of border control and migration control. Unless you have a skill that does not take away from your local population, the door is closed in that category. Add a few refugee spots. Add investment.

It's not just Zimbabweans, it's also Moz, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, ... come hither.

I suspect it results in large parts of our wealth being redistributed up north, either legitimately or not.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
I hear @HunterNW has a ton of Zimbos he hires out in Rustenburg.

On that note: HunterNW When are you holding your myBB braai? (my Bring & Bliksem braai)?
Our Zim guys are flipping excellent. Not as cheap as the Cape zimbos, but cheaper than local.
I can organize a braai.... bring your own bliksem stok and we go chase the illegals out of some houses.

Howdy

Expert Member
Our Zim guys are flipping excellent. Not as cheap as the Cape zimbos, but cheaper than local.
I can organize a braai.... bring your own bliksem stok and we go chase the illegals out of some houses.
Do they wear red berets?

Crimson & Blue

Honorary Master

Pretoria - The restaurant industry has caused divisions between South Africans and foreigners by hiring foreign nationals and excluding locals who are not susceptible to exploitation.
This is according to leaders of the EFF in Gauteng, who confronted restaurants in Menlyn Mall seeking answers about their staff component to establish the gap between South Africans and foreigners.

EFF acting Gauteng chairperson Itani Mukwevho, his counterpart in Tshwane, Obakeng Ramabodu, and MP Reneilwe Mashabela said the displacement of South Africans in favour of their African brothers and sisters was causing tension in the townships and the employers did not get affected.
They said employers needed to be made aware that they were dividing Africans, leading to xenophobia because South Africans were watching their African brothers and sisters coming into the country and finding work they could also do but denied them because of their nationality.
They visited businesses such as Ocean Basket, Hard Rock Cafe, and Baobab Cafe and Restaurant, where they asked management to provide them with a report to assess the ratio of their staff component between foreign nationals and South Africans.

They told the owners of Ocean Basket, JJ Senekal and George Arujo, that they were part of the people who created a problem in the townships by hiring at least 70% foreign nationals to do work that any other South Africans could do. “This is a problem because when our people fight in the townships and there are cases of black on black violence, these owners are not affected because they are sitting comfortably in their suburban homes.
“Another thing we want to end is this exploitation of our African brothers and sisters who often find themselves being used because they have no say and some are illegal immigrants who cannot be protected by the Constitution,” said Ramabodu.
Senekal and Arujo said they were willing to bring change, but it could not be done by just simply firing people as they too had rights and contracts. They agreed to meet again with the EFF to outline their plan to bring more South Africans into their employ.

Hard Rock Cafe’s Ndumiso Nyandeni said their ratio was 70% South Africans and 30% foreign nationals. This the EFF sought to be convinced of. Baobab Cafe and restaurant said they had about 90% South Africa staff.
Ramabodu said the EFF was going to hold a meeting to come up with a plan to intensify the plan nationally, because this was a national problem. He said the party was still saying it did not want foreign nationals kicked out of the country.
However, South Africans should not be without work because some employers were lying and talking about skills scarcity as South Africans could not serve platters and drinks, and wipe tables.

“Our people must be the ones who get prioritised in all employment.”
Wait, when did it become necessary to declare your staff details to politicians?

Solarion

Honorary Master
EFF acting Gauteng chairperson Itani Mukwevho, his counterpart in Tshwane, Obakeng Ramabodu, and MP Reneilwe Mashabela said the displacement of South Africans in favour of their African brothers and sisters was causing tension in the townships and the employers did not get affected.

There has been tension in the townships for over half a century.

Try again.