EFF visits restaurants to see gap between how many foreigners, South Africans hired

Corelli

Expert Member
Just wanted to say this is very incorrect and your friends may be getting the wrong advice entirely. You don't need to leave the country to reapply for any permit. I have been renewing my spouses permit every 2 years for a long time. Not once has he ever had to leave the country. I've seen how both the work permits and living ones work. It also makes it easier too if you are with someone so those that have kids - doesn't make any sense.
Thats how it used to work and thats how its supposed to work. But government these days are full of drama.

My one friend got banned for 3 years. She applied about 3 years ago for an extension, 4 months come and gone and no reply. Then she visited them with all her papers. They took her papers and binned it. She got deported by Home Affairs. She got slapped with a 3 year ban. A friend had to shut her entire business in SA and retrench employees on her behalf. Madness.

Abroad an extension takes 1-2 weeks but in SA at the moment it can take months. Most with money just fly abroad and the mission renews it within a week and back they come again.

Spousal is a bit different. Because home affairs lost a case in the Constitutional court saying that you arent allowed to split up a happy couple. But other permits ie work is a headache.

Corelli

Expert Member
But you are wrong. He cannot.

When you have an angry mob approaching your shop demanding to chat about who you employ. Which is easier. Sit down and share the info or tell them to F-off. If all they want is information thats not even totally private.

Ministers has buddies, especially in areas where they are partly ruling. with an angry mob of citizens behind them it becomes a headache.

Tell them to f-off, then chances are your place is trashed within the next 30 minutes.

In the good old days, these people had pitchforks, wore garlic garlands, had some fire lanterns and wanted to burn you at the stake.

So yes in a very civilized way he can not and should consult the government department (who in this case isnt the best), but thats where the grey lines appear.

You forget that in many informal settlements the spaza shops are being ransacked completely due to foreigners working or owning it.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Which is easier. tell them to F-off.
This...

If all they want is information thats not even totally private.

Then they can find it for themselves.

Tell them to f-off, then chances are your place is trashed within the next 30 minutes.

IF that happens and is done by EFF, they will be liable for damages.

So yes in a very civilized way he can not and should consult the government department

...LEGAL...

You forget that in many informal settlements the spaza shops are being ransacked completely due to foreigners working or owning it.

Not my problem....

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
When you have an angry mob approaching your shop demanding to chat about who you employ. Which is easier. Sit down and share the info or tell them to F-off. If all they want is information thats not even totally private.

Ministers has buddies, especially in areas where they are partly ruling. with an angry mob of citizens behind them it becomes a headache.

In the good old days, these people had pitchforks, wore garlic garlands, had some fire lanterns and wanted to burn you at the stake.

So yes in a very civilized way he can not and should consult the government department (who in this case isnt the best), but thats where the grey lines appear.

/insert goalpost moving picture

deesef

Expert Member
Welcome to government

For years ministers has been abusing their powers to monitor over other businesses. Its been like that since the Romans and before. Watching any classic Korean Drama on Netflix ie the Clowned Crown... you will understand.

A minister has basically replaced Lords, Barons and Dukes who were the senior figures for aristocracy. The Duke, Baron and Lord was well within their rights to inspect. Ministers are more a grey line. There are departments in government thats supposed to do so, but honestly a lot of departments dont even do the basics. Ie our police should be in charge of border control, but yet thousands cross the border illegally. Then they dont do much to deport people once they are here. The department of home affairs is supposed to check and verify all permits whether legal or illegal. But we know they dont do that well either. That leaves us with the labour department. They are supposed to make sure that businesses follow the rules of labour in SA. But then again, they dont really do that either.

So its quite common to find a minister to interfere based on what interests them. And because parliamentarians are the rulers of SA, this becomes a headache in red tape and grey lines.

So yes Malema can go and see and use his power as parlimentarian to go ask questions. A lot of grumpy officials may object. But then thats politics.
I agree with you. Here where we stay, the local councillor barges into someone's house at random times, demanding to see proof that the municipal account is paid. He then demands meat and beer, eats and drinks his fill. He then boinks the missus before staggering home. True story!

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I agree with you. Here where we stay, the local councillor barges into someone's house at random times, demanding to see proof that the municipal account is paid. He then demands meat and beer, eats and drinks his fill. He then boinks the missus before staggering home. True story!
Nah... He just boinks the missus and kicks you out since your house is now his, but you must keep paying the bills.

Thugscub

Executive Member
ROAR.
That little twat with the red pancake on his 3 cell pip.
Will get told to go do his granny.

Maurice Kitching

That is currently the same thing is it not?

We hear it here everyday from MyCadre members: the tribe has the highest IQ and throw the biggest victimhood parties since we have no jobs due to Bee/AA.
Goeie begrip het net n halwe woord nodig. I should clarify. All things being equal, you'll stand a better chance of being hired by me if you're of the currently disadvantaged in the job market, meaning that you've been discriminated against in terms of AA/BEE or in terms of acceptance to a university of your choice due to quotas. Obviously suitability for the job still counts.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Goeie begrip het net n halwe woord nodig.

Ai die ironie....

I should clarify. All things being equal, you'll stand a better chance of being hired by me if you're of the currently disadvantaged in the job market, meaning that you've been discriminated against in terms of AA/BEE or in terms of acceptance to a university of your choice due to quotas.
Dis presies waarna ek ook verwys het.

My post was sarcastic, based on on my years as an anti-MyCadre Fiatah.

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
While I don't agree at all what the EFF is doing they have a point.

Zimbabweans is a problem.

Some say they want to work. Well yes if you come from a situation where there is nothing left for you you are willing to work any type of job for any salary and that is the problem. Business owners know this. A Zimbo will work for any rate no matter the type of work and that creates an enviroment where exploitation can take place.

Personally I think the only reason why Zimbabwe didn't completely collapse is because of South Africa. We suppy their citizens with work in SA and they take that money back home and that sustains their economy. It's not fait to South Africans with an almost 30% unemployment rate.
Tell that to Mandela and Mbeki.

Somehow, maybe by magic, up to 27 years ago the government of the day knew that, and maintained a border that protected local people's jobs. Is it fair to assume that a government would look after all of its people?

Last edited:

mojoman

Expert Member

Somehow, maybe by magic, up to 27 years ago the government of the day knew that, and maintained a border that protected local people's jobs. Is it fair to assume that a government would look after all of its people?
Ja, its always some else that caused the problems here...whites, foreigners, WMC, goats, aliens, space rocks...boogers in the left nostril...

Anything other than the actual cANCer that has deliberately destroyed the country....

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

a government yes, but not terrorists.

RedViking

Nord of the South
This is all too complicated.

Show me your CV, show me your Portfolio. What is your reputation and what is your attitude like?

OK, you hired.

That is how we should be able to do business.

Solarion

Honorary Master
EFF skirting dangerously close to business harassment and reputation damage. Charges like this are not your usual vehicle accident/border wall illegal/unpaid for goods type of litigation that can be amicably resolved. If you hurt someone's income and business they usually are going to go straight for your throat in court. EFF are going to get dondered hard very soon.

Acid0

Executive Member
EFF skirting dangerously close to business harassment and reputation damage. Charges like this are not your usual vehicle accident/border wall illegal/unpaid for goods type of litigation that can be amicably resolved. If you hurt someone's income and business they usually are going to go straight for your throat in court. EFF are going to get dondered hard very soon.
Unfortunately up until today it is proven the courts dont want to touch the EFF.
We are still waiting for the VBS bank and Floyd we are still waiting for Malema on the assault charges along with the discharge of a rifle in public.... calling companies names wont do anything either.