Egrek Private Cinema (30 seater) Parkhurst - JHB

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
55807156_2307652115959246_5856485973839286119_n.jpg

Note: I am not getting any benefit of posting this. Just letting you guys know if any of you live nearby and would like to give it a go.

Hi all. So this weekend I was walking to the Cafe in 4th Avenue in Parkhurst for smokes and two ladies were handing out flyers for the new private 30 seater cinema that opened. It is a little pricey, R170.00 for a adult but they have a promo running at the moment where you get a R100.00 Hudsons Burger voucher with each ticket. It is a 30 seater cinema and it looks like it is similar to Ster Kinekor Prestige. They also have a liquor licence, so you can buy alcohol and take it in with you.

Me and two friends planning on going to see Pet Cemetery on Wednesday, so will update with my personal experience. The sound better blow me away. I fcking HATE it when a cinema has sh*t sound

https://egrek.co.za/

Digital Cinema Projection

Cinema Scope Wide Screen

High Quality 5.1 Surround Sound

30 Premium Cinema Seats

Variety of Beverages and Snacks

New Cinema Releases

mervman

Have been to Egrek for a show. Was a good experience. A more personal touch than the more mainstream cinemas. Would recommend trying it out.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Oh crap. It looks like the R100.00 Hudsons voucher things is no longer valid. Sorry guys. Going regardless.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
While it looks nice and all and definitely better than the standard cinema experience, I would've paused before calling sharing a room with 30 people a 'private' cinema

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
While it looks nice and all and definitely better than the standard cinema experience, I would've paused before calling sharing a room with 30 people a 'private' cinema
Private as in it is a not a Nu Metro or Ster Kinekor.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I agree. What is nice also is that I can walk there within 2 minutes from where I live. :D
just that fact alone makes it worth a try at least just once :thumbsup:
Would be a 'private' show if you got 30 MyBB members in there :)

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Me and two friends planning on going to see Pet Cemetery on Wednesday, so will update with my personal experience. The sound better blow me away. I fcking HATE it when a cinema has sh*t sound
Sadly Parkhurst is a tad far from home for movies for me. The only time I'm in that area is for ink.

I'm more interested to know your thoughts on the movie itself, keen to go and see it, please let me know what you thought?

Neuk_

Expert Member
Mmm, just up the road, but I haven't been to see a movie in a theatre since watching Dunkirk at Nu Metro Hyde Park in 2017. Keen to hear the reviews.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
Not if it gets stolen along 4th Avenue first.
or just take a torch with and shine it in the asswipes face when he answers the phone, that'll shut him up :thumbsup:
Imagine 29 other in the theatre do the same LOL

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Sadly Parkhurst is a tad far from home for movies for me. The only time I'm in that area is for ink.

I'm more interested to know your thoughts on the movie itself, keen to go and see it, please let me know what you thought?
Shall do.

The original scared the living bejezuz out of me as a kid.