Egrek Private Cinema (30 seater) Parkhurst - JHB

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
OK, so I went and I really enjoyed it. There were only two other guys there with me (think they were a couple). Awesome little cinema. Screen is not massive, but big enough to give you a cinema experience. Staff very friendly and helpful. The two guys that were there ordered a coffee and it was brought to them by a staff member on a tray. Sound appeared to be a good, but Pet Sematary is not exactly a action filled fliek, so could not really judge, but there were scened where the surround sound came through very clearly. As for the movie....I loved it. I was not expecting much as remakes tends to suck and you pretty much know what is going to happen anyway, but they changed some things up so there are a few surprises in there.

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Asgard85

Ummmm I feel like my eyes and brain are having a disagreement about something flesh-coloured in the bottom of the second to last pic.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
OK, so I went and I really enjoyed it. There were only two other guys there with me (think they were a couple). Awesome little cinema. Screen is not massive, but big enough to give you a cinema experience. Staff very friendly and helpful. The two guys that were there ordered a coffee and it was brought to them by a staff member on a tray. Sound appeared to be a good, but Pet Sematary is not exactly a action filled fliek, so could not really judge, but there were scened where the surround sound came through very clearly. As for the movie....I loved it. I was not expecting much as remakes tends to suck and you pretty much know what is going to happen anyway, but they changed some things up so there are a few surprises in there.

View attachment 652154

View attachment 652158

View attachment 652160

View attachment 652162

View attachment 652164

View attachment 652166

View attachment 652168
Thanks for the feedback and the photo's, looks awesome!

Asgard85

It is just a toe. Relax :ROFL::laugh:
See that's what my logical brain was telling me. My eyes are still seein' balls tho :ROFL:

To the topic at hand though, I enjoy the big screen but hate the crowds so this looks pretty cool.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I still prefer IMAX. You're going to have to deal with other people wherever you go, so you might as well go to the biggest screen and best visuals and sound.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
See that's what my logical brain was telling me. My eyes are still seein' balls tho :ROFL:

To the topic at hand though, I enjoy the big screen but hate the crowds so this looks pretty cool.
Yeah....absolutely no lines for service or fighting your way through a busy mall. Because I dont go to the movies very often ... mmm I actually cant remember the last time I went to the movies before this .... I am willing to pay the R120.00 when there is a movie I really want to see in the cinema. I am thinking of going to see the new Hellboy .... I enjoyed the previous ones and think it would be a good to see what the sound is like. :)

Asgard85

Yeah....absolutely no lines for service or fighting your way through a busy mall. Because I dont go to the movies very often ... mmm I actually cant remember the last time I went to the movies before this .... I am willing to pay the R120.00 when there is a movie I really want to see in the cinema. I am thinking of going to see the new Hellboy .... I enjoyed the previous ones and think it would be a good to see what the sound is like. :)
I will keep it in mind, but maybe not for big action films that I might prefer on a bigger / 3D screen.

Stillie

Expert Member
i wonder how the licensing with these movies work? I though NM and SK would have exclusives to broadcast movies like end game etc?

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
looks really awesome, i wish them the best of luck keeping it running nicely and not ripping people off.
i would give this a go if there was one in Cape Town

PS i was expecting @Ockie to take a photo of his Cock out, all we get is hairy legs

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Can you buy Alcohol at Tops and take it in or do they have their own bar?
I asked at the counter if you can buy booze because that is what the ladies that handed me the pamphlet told me. The guy said not yet, they are awaiting approval on their liquor license application.