Egrek Private Cinema (30 seater) Parkhurst - JHB

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Went to go see The Avengers yesterday at Egrek. Thank fck for those very comfy seats that that movie is hecticly long. :oops: ... but I enjoyed it. And it was nice to see this movie in this cinema because this was a true test of the sound for me .... and boy .... does that cinema have a sound system. For me when the base makes your seat vibrate and makes your tummy feel a little funny .... then you know you have gotten it right :giggle:

Asgard85

Went to go see The Avengers yesterday at Egrek. Thank fck for those very comfy seats that that movie is hecticly long. :oops: ... but I enjoyed it. And it was nice to see this movie in this cinema because this was a true test of the sound for me .... and boy .... does that cinema have a sound system. For me when the base makes your seat vibrate and makes your tummy feel a little funny .... then you know you have gotten it right :giggle:
Good to know. We saw Avengers this weekend at Il Grande at Monte and considering its supposed to be a flagship theatre the sound was a bit suspect.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Good to know. We saw Avengers this weekend at Il Grande at Monte and considering its supposed to be a flagship theatre the sound was a bit suspect.
I went to go see Prometheus @ Il Grande and the sound was so bad in my opinion I simply never went back there. I have better sound through my Logitec speakers and subwoofer connected to my TV.

eg2505

Honorary Master
how expensive is this? compared to a VIP cinema anywhere else.

Asgard85

I went to go see Prometheus @ Il Grande and the sound was so bad in my opinion I simply never went back there. I have better sound through my Logitec speakers and subwoofer connected to my TV.
So not just us thinking that then.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
i was also wondering about that name
The one friend that was with us asked the manager and it has something to do with the French Alphabet and the letter Y or something.

Grant

Honorary Master
The one friend that was with us asked the manager and it has something to do with the French Alphabet and the letter Y or something.

egrek
looks too much like "drek"