eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

Voodoo

Managed to get a booking for my son and I but not working anymore when trying for the wife.

mr-ihsaan

So I managed to get home affairs to cancel my old passport so I have done my application online but no bookings at all at the banks? I looked at Gauteng as well and nothing. Anyone in KZN got a recommendation for a quick Home Affairs office that I can go to?
How did you eventually come right getting them to cancel the old application?
I have a similar issue with my daughter having turned 16 whilst an application was made at 15. Now we stuck and need them to cancel the first application to be able to submit another from her own profile.

Arex

How did you eventually come right getting them to cancel the old application?
I have a similar issue with my daughter having turned 16 whilst an application was made at 15. Now we stuck and need them to cancel the first application to be able to submit another from her own profile.
I had the same issue, just called into home affairs and told them the problem, she cancelled the old application and said it would take 24hours to reflect and it did, application went through.

NarenChetty

Hi. Finally managed to get an appointment.
Tried at 1am in the morning but the website did not send the OTP
Tried again at 430am and no OTP
Then tried at 630.
Entered the date from the pop up menu which was 2 days ahead of the current day but for the end of range date I put December 2022 manually in the following format 2022-12. I did not enter a day.
It then gave me available appointments and managed to get 3 bookings for 13 December at Kingsmead Standard Bank
Hope it works for you guys

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Hi, I'm trying to apply for a passport for my mother and get this error. I've tried creating new applications and this happens.

I phoned Home Affairs and they said it's an error from the office in Pinetown who created and application and did not close it. They said I have to get in touch with Pinetown. Is there anything I can do to get this issue resolved?

1637653806404.png

Hazy_Living@79

Went through the thread and see some people have gotten their passports in a few weeks. Anyone that applied recently have an indication of their timeframe from application to collection?

Edit: Application on 08 November, sms to collect received today. Although with all the travel bans now, might be useless.

Last edited:

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Hi, I'm trying to apply for a passport for my mother and get this error. I've tried creating new applications and this happens.

I phoned Home Affairs and they said it's an error from the office in Pinetown who created and application and did not close it. They said I have to get in touch with Pinetown. Is there anything I can do to get this issue resolved?

View attachment 1199192
Can you not just edit the application that is already on the system?

Edit: Sorry didn't see the part where it said on the old system. What the actual fudge man:(

mr-ihsaan

I have heard of a 2 cases who experienced the same error msg and managed to get it resolved. Apparently for them it referred to a past passport application (from years back) which was done and collected but not marked as such on the old system.
To resolve it, somebody at the bank branch had to intervene and contact that Home Affairs office which hadn't removed it off the system and got it to removed so that the new application could be submitted.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Can you not just edit the application that is already on the system?

Edit: Sorry didn't see the part where it said on the old system. What the actual fudge man:(

I managed to email the manager of Home Affairs in Pinetown and got it sorted out.

Unfortunately now that I can access the dates, I see that there are no dates available in Durban this year.

Hazy_Living@79

I managed to email the manager of Home Affairs in Pinetown and got it sorted out.

Unfortunately now that I can access the dates, I see that there are no dates available in Durban this year.
Have you tried editing the date range trick that was mentioned somewhere in the thread?

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Just hoping I get an appointment early next year. I have about 56 days because I started the applications four days ago and completed payment. Don't want to lose money for nothing.

mr-ihsaan

Just hoping I get an appointment early next year. I have about 56 days because I started the applications four days ago and completed payment. Don't want to lose money for nothing.
My suggestion is to visit the relevant bank branch and speak to the ladies there with regards to the difficulty you're having getting an appointment date. They are helpful and maybe able to assist and slot you in sooner due to the glitch.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Does anyone know what the policy is on having two passports? Do I need special documentation or do I just walk in as normal?

I managed to get an appointment for my mother (hers expired) and mine expires in March 2023. It's useless for the last six months so I thought I'll get it done at the same time as I could get an appointment at the same time as my mother.

"D"

Expert Member
mine expires in March 2023
So you have 15 full months left on your passport. In that case, they will probably charge you the penalty (an additional R400, on top of the usual R400 application fee) as they do with lost or stolen passports.

They may also insist that you hand over your existing passport, unless you tell them it was lost - in which case you'll have two valid passports!
Alas, not for long ...

LanaBanana7

I'm so frustrated. I finally managed to get through the whole process. Finally got the form to work, finally got the payment sorted.

Now I have to book for biometrics... For Eastern Cape, it's only allowing me to book in East London and not Port Elizabeth. No other options are available. Yet, there are 2 banks listed for PE. I triple-checked, opening the website on IE and Firefox, as well. Nothing. After all the struggling, I still have to go queue at Home Affairs. I could cry.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
So you have 15 full months left on your passport. In that case, they will probably charge you the penalty (an additional R400, on top of the usual R400 application fee) as they do with lost or stolen passports.

They may also insist that you hand over your existing passport, unless you tell them it was lost - in which case you'll have two valid passports!
Alas, not for long ...
1638267027233.png

I saw this online so it appears it can be done. I was just looking for people who've done it to see if they encountered any trouble.

While I have about 15 months technically, it's actually about 9 months. The last six months are virtually useless as many countries will not even grant you a VISA if the passport has six months or less of validity.

The two passports seems to also be how folks get into Israel and still manage to visit Arab states.

• Love
Reactions: "D"

hjbotes

I managed to go through the whole process , Paying everything, when applying for re -issue of passport and Id. Everything being successful seeing that we will visit the Home affaires offices directly.

I am supposed to get a Barcoded Proof of application that is printable that needs to be taking to the branch. My question????????? Where do I print it? no option nothing for printing or downloading ?

Anybody please ?

Voodoo

I managed to go through the whole process , Paying everything, when applying for re -issue of passport and Id. Everything being successful seeing that we will visit the Home affaires offices directly.

I am supposed to get a Barcoded Proof of application that is printable that needs to be taking to the branch. My question????????? Where do I print it? no option nothing for printing or downloading ?

Anybody please ?
My son ran into the same issue. Nowhere to print the barcoded form.